back to article YouTube to world: Move along, nothing to see here … because we’re having an outage

The video locker was slow to load videos and balked when asked to upload new content on Wednesday, from just before midnight GMT. While all but night-owl European users mostly missed the mess, other netizens were deprived of their favourite vids and top-notch strategic content like Reg lectures. In typical Google style, …

1. KittenHuffer Silver badge

That's weird!

The same cat lives in my house as well!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

Re: That's weird!

All cats are multi dimensional manifestations of a single ur cat which controls the universe.

2. jvf

This again confirms the truth of my favorite cat joke: Call a dog and it comes running. Call a cat and it says ‘leave a message’.

1. ThatOne Silver badge

Cats are people, and unlike dogs they don't automatically slavishly adore whoever claims to be "their master". Like humans, cats can become good friends with specific persons, while considering others as mere roommates.

(BTW feeding has nothing to do with it - Do you adore your boss, or the company accountant?...)

2. Chris_J
    Trollface

Quota exceeded

Probably went over their 15GB limit.

1. Ryan 7

Re: Quota exceeded

"There's a lot of cacheing."

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Windows

Ah, so maybe that was it

Last night at somewhere past eleven, I was playing a game and watching YouTube and suddenly everything froze, the sound went all weird and the computer locked up.

I was convinced I was going to get a BSOD, so I rebooted, got everything running again and thought no more of it.

Now I wonder : was it the game that froze first, or was it the video ? And why did one have any impact on the other ?

4. hoola Silver badge

Google.....

So a search on Google at the time for "YouTube outage" was presumably returning minimal hits....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like