back to article City of Edinburgh Council selects services-slinger CGI for £102m contract despite abandoned Unit4 ERP project

It was all smiles when the City of Edinburgh Council announced the extension of its managed IT services contract with supplier CGI in September. But talk of smart city services using artificial intelligence and IoT belied a sorry tale of an abandoned Unit4 ERP project which led two suppliers to the courtroom door. The new five …

1. Commswonk

Anyone for Bingo?

"The new ERP system will integrate with citizen-facing digital platforms to enable cost reductions and increased capacity, while improving service quality, securing more effective and efficient citizen engagement,"

HOUSE!

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Not quite

No blockchain.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Re: Anyone for Bingo?

I'm missing synergizing resources, disruptive, proactive, paradigm, moving forward and the all-important blockchain.

Dang.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Also needs moar AI and a piddle of cloud!

3. NeilPost Silver badge

“ It was all smiles when the City of Edinburgh Council announced the extension of its managed IT services contract with supplier CGI in September. But talk of smart city services using artificial intelligence and IoT belied a sorry tale of an abandoned Unit4 ERP project which led two suppliers to the courtroom door.”

More marketing mumbo-jumbo bullshit here.

Perhaps instead of doing questionable Govt purchasing frameworks the Crown Commercial Seevice should do a common platform for UK town parish council/borough council/city council county or regional council sized standard implementations **THAT JUST FUCKiNG WORKS** and integrates to partners. They all by and large do the same ‘council activities’.

Across the UK unified EFP seems a bigger money pit than Track and Trace (England).

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Danny 2

The City of Edinburgh Cuntcil

It's Edinburgh council, it's not like there is a Greater Edinburgh like London or Manchester. All the surrounding environs refer to Edinburgh as 'the town', not 'the city'. The City of Edinburgh Council my hairy, hubristic, hyperbolic arse.

I came into a fair bit of money recently, £100, and I thought I'd give half of that to the council from guilt of not paying taxes. Thank you El Reg for dissuading me from that folly. Unit4 is presumably a lock-up in Dalkeith.

1. NeilPost Silver badge

Re: The City of Edinburgh Cuntcil

... but at least it’s not a ‘Canadian Outsourcer’.

No one local with the skillset??

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like