back to article How's this for the ultimate gaming achievement? Half-Life 2's Gnome Chompski is going to space – in real life

Rocket Lab is planning a 30-satellite launch via its 16th Electron launch from New Zealand. The payload will include a statue of Gnome Chompski*, presumably in an attempt to unlock hitherto unknown Half-Life achievements. Rocket Lab has launched 65 satellites so far and plans to notch up another 30 in what the company calls …

1. Scott 26

The cynic in me thinks this is just GabeN trying to show what a great citizen he would be ;)

2. Neil Barnes Silver badge

Tether Tape

I had to look it up, but if it works it's a damn good idea that maybe a lot more satellites should be equipped with. Won't solve the existing clutter, but it might slow down the rate of accretion (and should give a nice big radar reflector too... at the right wavelength).

3. dougkiwi

I'd like to point out that Gnome Chompski shows up as an Easter egg in another Valve game, Left 4 Dead 2. You get him by playing a mini-game, and can use him to kill zombies with a sturdy application of blunt force.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like