back to article Top tip, everyone: Chinese hackers are hitting these 25 vulns, so make sure you patch them ASAP, says NSA

The NSA has blown the lid off 25 computer security vulnerabilities Chinese government hackers are using to break into networks, steal data, and so on. The US super-spies said they went public with their list to help IT staff prioritize bug fixing. That is to say: if you're unsure of which patches to apply, do these first. The …

1. You aint sin me, roit
    Holmes

Call me a cynic...

But whenever I see the NSA make an announcement about vulnerabilities I assume it's because they've found better ones and don't need the old ones anymore.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Call me a cynic...

So you didn't read as far as the second paragraph of the article?

1. You aint sin me, roit
        Facepalm

Re: Call me a cynic...

D'oh! Egg on face...

In my haste to find out which vulnerabilities were listed I skipped the intro. And there it is, almost word for word.

I am both suitably humbled and at the same time happy that I meet El Reg's standards of cynicism.

2. NetBlackOps

I welcome the NSA's advice as to what weapons I should arm myself with.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

While I don't dispute that the NSA is seeing these exploit attempts, I would suggest that the vast majority of vulnerable devices have already been compromised, often multiple times in the case of the Citrix and Pulse vulberabities and linked to pre-Coronavirus lockdown compromises.

So if you're looking for weapons to arm yourself with, you may need to run a little faster next time.

1. NetBlackOps

I probably should have put /sarc. I don't need the NSA's help. Search on the CVE's and you will find the exploits, almost always.

3. _LC_
    Facepalm

Chinese hackers are hitting these 25 vulns ... says Jabba the Hutt

I bet, they are doing so using 5G!

4. Sceptic Tank Silver badge
    Linux

=====>

No comment.

1. Spoonsinger

Re: =====>

"Man in stained underpants is blind to wasp in attic" - ancient saying.

2. sabroni Silver badge
      Thumb Up

No security vulns in Linux! Many eyes make sure of that!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

So where are most people running Exim, then?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fixed it for you

The NSA has blown the lid off its 25 computer security vulnerabilities that Chinese government hackers have found out about, and are now using to break into American networks, steal data, and so on.

6. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

ASAP?

"make sure you patch them ASAP"

You meant, make sure you patched them a long time ago.

Maybe the NSA imprimatur can convince the bean counters to cough up some money for decent IT security.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like