back to article Tableau continues to pursue monogamish marriage a year after Salesforce nuptials

Entering a marriage, it might be tough to keep old flames alive but that's what Tableau is trying to do as it gets closer to Salesforce, the enterprise application company which announced a $15.7bn merger in June last year. At its online conference this week, Tableau talked about "native" integration to the Salesforce's …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Facepalm

What ?

"We'll go deeper with Salesforce because we're all now one team, and we have no access to Salesforce technologies that we didn't have before."

That sentence doesn't make sense. If you have the same access to Salesforce tech than before, you could have gone deeper before.

You're basically saying on the one hand you're now on the same team and on the other, it doesn't make a difference.

That makes no sense.

2. Agamemnon

Circling back around to Excel

"to help business users "automatically" discover relevant patterns based on their data without relying on data scientists to build models."

Weren't we commentards raging about this very sort of thing in the Excel articles earlier in the week?

Business Dudes, get a Data Scientist and a Developer or two, you cheap, mangy bastards.

How does the economy actually not catch fire and burn, several times per day, with "Business People" trying to line up Data and Information? Somedays stun me more than others. Reading that, today would be "More",

3. Agamemnon

Lewd

I live newr one of Tableau's offices and to be frank, I still have no idea what the hell they actually DO.

But, any entity "Going Deeper" with SalesForce is someone I will Certainly not be doing business with.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like