back to article Ex-eBay global intel staffers to admit they cyberstalked online tat bazaar's critics – who got pig heads, funeral wreath, and more in the mail

Four of the seven former eBay employees charged with cyberstalking a couple critical of the web auction house are scheduled to plead guilty next month. In June, the US Justice Department charged six former staffers – director of safety and security James Baugh, 45, of San Jose, California; director of global resiliency David …

1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Pirate

Charming corporate culture

Allegedly....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"the head of a fetal pig"

Because their budget did not extend to cost of postage for a Racehorse's Head?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "the head of a fetal pig"

Or maybe someone outbid them at the last minute?

1. Blazde Silver badge

Re: "the head of a fetal pig"

Maybe someone with a bit of decency clicked Bury It Now

3. DavCrav

Can I just point out this is not cyberstalking, just plain old harrassment and intimidation

"And it describes a harassment effort that consisted, among other things, of sending the newsletter publishers live cockroaches, the head of a fetal pig, a funeral wreath, a mask of a bloody pig's head, and a book on surviving the loss of a spouse."

1. druck Silver badge

Re: Can I just point out this is not cyberstalking, just plain old harrassment and intimidation

Cyberstalking would be posting ebay listings of those items on their facebook pages.

4. sitta_europea Silver badge

I knew there must be a reason why ebay was on my block list other than that they're fucking spammers.

5. Jimmy2Cows Silver badge

Mr Wenig.... no evidence that he knew in advance about or authorized the actions

To paraphrase King Henry II: Will no one rid me of this turbulent blogger!?!

Plausibly-denying knowing or hoping his underlings would get the hint, and take action on Wenig's behalf. Though perhaps not completely plausible as he then jumped / was pushed.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I suspect

I suspect this is how David Wenig and EBay made it the rich boys club. Floating on the blood of his victims.

7. JCitizen
    FAIL

Not a seller's paradise..

I've had a few friends that tried to make money on eBay only to be defrauded and lambasted by nasty customers with false claims of mistreatment. As a seller you couldn't do anything to bad customers or eBay would block your store front. You just couldn't win, from what I've seen. I do business with eBay, but I do it with shame on my face, because it is the most trouble free way to find what I want at a reasonable price.

I have to admit, I only buy from sellers with a good history, so I can see why it might be so difficult to get established - but I still harbor some resentment on how merchants are treated on that site. In fact one of my friends moved to Amazon and liked it much better there. At least he wasn't treated like dog doo-doo, and the customer base is better there too!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like