back to article Peek-a-boo! Windows Insiders play hide and seek with a Friday night update

Windows Insiders, us included, were left a tad bemused last week after a Dev Channel update purported to "not include anything new" was abruptly pulled. Insider bigwig Brandon LeBlanc delicately described the problem as "issues installing this update" while his unit's Twitter orifice clarified it to be "a bug". Build 20211. …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It must be very exciting being a Window 10 user...

You lie down under the pipe with your mouth open, and you have no idea what will come in your mouth.

MS don't even supply a pillow for your head. Nor mouthwash.

2. RM Myers
    Unhappy

"...wonder if remote working has accelerated the move to a paperless future."

Every time I see a comment about the paperless office, or paperless future, I'm tempted to buy stock in a paper company. My first project to replace paper management reports with online (IBM mainframe!) reports and start the "inevitable" move to a paperless office began in the early 1980's. Naturally, the first project scope change was to add the ability to print the reports off. Typically, management had their secretaries print off the online reports for them.

1. swm

Re: "...wonder if remote working has accelerated the move to a paperless future."

At Xerox, where we had all of the bells and whistles for a "paperless office," everyone printed copies of emails, reports etc. The paperless office generated more paper, even at Xerox, where it should have generated less. Oh well.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

@swm - Re: "...wonder if remote working has accelerated the move to a paperless future."

Someone at Xerox once said he will believe in paperless office the day when paperless toilet will be the norm

1. Anonymous Coward
          Pint

Re: @swm - "...wonder if remote working has accelerated the move to a paperless future."

And given panic buying during lockdown, this may well be happening right now in a toilet near you.

3. DJV Silver badge

"Dev Channel of the Windows Insider programme is very much a work in progress"

I think you'll find that applies to the entirety of Windows 10, not just the insider programme.

4. Numen
    Paris Hilton

Print from the cloud

Am I paying exit network charges for the big Postscript/PCL etc files?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like