back to article Sony and Microsoft clash over consoles

Executives from Microsoft and Sony have once more slammed each other’s consoles. Sony Computer Entertainment’s President and Group CEO, Kazuo Hirai, kicked things off by telling the Official PlayStation Magazine that the Xbox 360 “lacks longevity”. He also claimed that, regardless of the Xbox 360’s installed base or sales …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Adam Nealis

Sony nor Microsoft have yet to profit ...

... from hardware sales of their next gen consoles. Am I right?

Meanwhile, Nintendo make money on each Gamecube, Gameboy, DS or Wii they sell.

2. richard knights

pointless

2 fleas arguing on the back of a wii

3. Bassey

Re: Profit

That's certainly my understanding. Also, the PlayStation division was the only part of Sony that WAS making money - until the PS3 launch.

4. David Paul Morgan
    Thumb Up

I've just installed my PS3

one hour after having my 37" Panasonic TV installed. (I felt something was missing in the gap liberated when the huge tube set went out the door..)

We havn't played a game on it yet as we're using it to

a) browse the internet

b) playback shows/audio from usb sticks

c) download Tv programming

d) playing back BD/DVD discs

When my rj45 cable extenders arrive (ooh, this afternoon) I can put all the house cabling back and stream my media of my XP too.

5. Iain

@David Paul Morgan

Coincidentally enough, my new £250 PC does all that too. And I've not got around to playing any games on it either.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Common sense

I have a PS3 a 360 and a Wii, can you not just see that it dont matter, the ps3 is better, wheres my blueray player on my 360? the only reason most people liked the 360 is cos they are like me and like the stupid little achievements but now ps3 has that too so wot is reli better about the 360? the smaller hard drive? how loud it is? im not sure? and as for the Wii they only sold millions and millions because there soo cheap to buy not cos they better they are cheap.

its like saying PC are better than Apple macs they really are not, no one can argue that because apple run windows XP and Vista in a window.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like