back to article Cisco mostly silent on when and what it knew about malicious WebEx wipeout

Cisco this week launched a version of WebEx Classrooms, a version of its online collaboration suite tweaked for educational purposes and promised to enable “secure hybrid learning”. Assuming nobody deletes the Classrooms from Cisco’s cloud. Which may sound like an outlandish thing to have happen, save for the fact that last …

1. sanmigueelbeer
    Coat

Cisco's mantra has-and-will-always-be "do what we say and not do what we do".

1. RM Myers
      Unhappy

I believe that applies to many more companies than just Cisco. The number of articles in El Reg recently about security cock-ups by "security" vendors themselves has been depressing.

1. Version 1.0 Silver badge
        Joke

Security vendors are selling security, do you think that a baker is made of flour because they are selling bread?

2. chivo243 Silver badge
    FAIL

toilet paper train

50 feet long on their shoes... This is a gaffe of epic proportions.

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge

I hate that

I hate it when a company doesn't come clean on what actually happens. It always makes me suspicious about what shenanigans are still going wrong.

This attitude of not disclosing the full truth even after it has become known is despicable and, for me, means that there are many more issues that are just waiting to surface so Switchzilla is keeping its PR to the minimum in a "trust in me" hushed voice (think the serpent in The Jungle Book).

4. sitta_europea Silver badge

Hands up all those who are surprised, please.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like