back to article UK tech spending in 2020 will be hit harder than in France or Germany with little prospect of growth next year – analysts

The UK is to see technology spending fall by 9.3 per cent in 2020 followed by a more modest 1.1 per cent decline in 2021, according to research by Forrester. The analyst firm has also compared France, Germany and the UK's likely tech spending scenarios in light of how these nations are managing the pandemic and stabilising …

1. Wellyboot Silver badge

Just Guesswork

Based on not knowing what each countries treasury will do in the next few months to push economic growth or if/when & how bad any Covid resurgence will be.

1. AMBxx Silver badge

Re: Just Guesswork

Not guesswork - pulled directly from his rear end.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Well, he is an Anal-yst.

2. almostdeadsec

Other than free advertising I often wonder the point of reports like this. As you suggest it must be mostly guesswork with such a wide potential variance that nobody could make business decisions based on them.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Treasuries and politicians don't deliver those numbers. "We won", this is what winning feels like.

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

So this fall in spending explains https://www.theregister.com/2020/07/17/everything_must_go_distributor_clear/

I assume the analysts' process for dealing with the unexpected is:

1. Will it increase or decrease spending? Flip coin to decide.

2. Make up appropriate figures.

3. Write up figures as a press release.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

BREXIT ... The prize that just keeps on giving

giving us all headaches and there is a lot, lot worse to come. If there is no deal with the EU watch out people. One extra bottle (only 2ltrs allowed) of vino could cost you dear.

Wonderful opportunities? my arse. We'll be lucky to get the used toilet paper from anyone at this rate.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: BREXIT ... The prize that just keeps on giving

Didn't you get the memo?

We have the best economy in the world. For too long, we've given to that EU charity, and now we've stopped, there's no way in hell those other pauper countries will do well. We won the war, after all. Single-handedly, of course.. Well, the English did. The other provinces aren't much good for anything either.

1. twellys

Re: BREXIT ... The prize that just keeps on giving

For some reason, I hear the Flanders & Swann song:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vh-wEXvdW8

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon