back to article Motorbike ride-share app CEO taken to pieces in grisly New York dismemberment

Tech entrepreneur Fahim Saleh was discovered dismembered at his New York City condo this week. The remains of the 33-year-old were found on Tuesday by his sister who, after being alerted by a neighbor who heard "loud noises," looked in on his luxury home. There she saw Saleh had been subject to an unusually brutal slaying: …

1. YetAnotherJoeBlow

Who dunnit?

My first thought was that he took someone home to party with which was a setup. Of course it was very personal; a spurned love interest - or a failed business deal. Pictures will tell a lot more.

1. chivo243 Silver badge

Re: Who dunnit?

Perhaps he had connections to the 419ers?

https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/tech-ceo-defends-his-firm-in-video-before-gruesome-killing/

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Recall something similar in UK.

Lovers tiff ended up with dead body then in panic tries to dismember body to dispose of it and gives up.

Terrible for all RIP

3. c1ue

My first thought was that he took investment money from the wrong person.

2. chivo243 Silver badge
    Unhappy

Did he have BCs?

If he had some digital currency, could be a motive. Wouldn't be the first victim tortured to get their coins.

1. Natalie Gritpants Jr

Re: Did he have BCs?

Good luck with your career as a torturer if you think beheading is a good strategy.

1. chivo243 Silver badge

Re: Did he have BCs?

Weren't more things cut off? Maybe before the head?

I know, it's on the Mail...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8530089/NYC-millionaire-tasered-elevator-opened-stabbed-chest-hitman-ninja-outfit.html

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

passed away under tragic circumstances

As euphemisms for "was brutally murdered" go, that seems somewhat lacking in sympathy.

1. Nick Ryan Silver badge

I think given things and the timing, their words were acceptable. Less traumatic for passing readers and until an official report comes out, anything is considered conjecture.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I know COVID-19 can have a wide variety of pretty crazy, unexpected symptoms, but I'm pretty sure decapitation isn't one of them.

Now, the leg amputations, that could totally happen. It's either that or a tiger. Yes, even in Africa, or New York.

4. Julz

My

First though is that he failed to pay the necessary 'taxes' to the correct people. As the linked article says:

"The ban is a security issue, and Okada has been used by criminals to rob. Besides Keke napep and Okada are not part of the greater Lagos plan, they are not in the picture of future Lagos we want," Gbenga Omotosho, state commissioner for Information and Strategy told CNN.

5. LucreLout

RIP

Rest in peace kid - horrible way to go.

6. John Sturdy

Pour encourager les autres?

It looks to me like it was meant as a warning to someone else, presumably a warning not to cross certain people.

1. onemark03

Re: Pour encourager les autres?

Yup: a deliberate murder, not a spontaneous tiff.

7. KorndogDev
    Terminator

RIP v2

Rest in piece(s)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: RIP v2

Headhunted?

8. skeptical i
    Unhappy

The sister is going to need a LOT of therapy.

I doubt she will ever be able to un-see her brother's remains. On top of suddenly losing a sibling, such insult to add to the injury. So sorry, I wish her the best of luck toward some semblance of solace.

9. W.S.Gosset

UPDATE

Saleh's executive assistant, Mr Tyrese Haspil, has been arrested and accused of the murder.

Per NYPD Detective Rodney Harrison: "Mr H~ was Mr S~'s exec.assistant and handled his finances and personal matters.

"It is also believed that he owed the victim a significant amount of money."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like