back to article Microsoft to take a break from Edge releases: Hits pause button to align with Chromium

Microsoft's browser gang at Edge has said it will take a breather in order to "stay aligned with Chromium Project's release schedule." The result is no Dev, Beta or Stable releases until the week commencing 13 July although those on the bleeding edge in the Canary channel will continue to receive daily builds from the project …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meet the new Google Microsoft

2. x 7

bloody edge..........

Microsoft are even pushing Edge out onto WIndows 7 machines, quite annoying really

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@x 7 - Re: bloody edge..........

Stopped updating Windows 7 on my home network when Microsoft threatened to upgrade me to Windows 10. Never had any incident since, all physical an virtual machines run smoothly.

3. beep54
    Big Brother

Just curious

Does anyone actually use Edge? Also, I find it quite annoying that both Edge (which I NEVER use) and IE (which is theoretically disabled) still manage to collect things like cookies and such, as per CCleaner. I would like them both gone from my machine, but apparently I'll have to bite the bullet and go Linux for that to happen.

1. NetBlackOps

Re: Just curious

I use Edge for those "services" which have a tendency to hoover up personal data regardless of my preferences. Yes, Facebook and Google, I'm looking at you. That's only in occasional use, so otherwise closed. My regular browser is armor-plated.

2. BrownishMonstr

Re: Just curious

I have the new edge installed and it's very similar to Chrome (obviously). I even managed to drag a tab from Chrome to Edge.

But to answer your question, no I don't use it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like