back to article Samsung combines 5G, AI, drones and cloud in conspiracy ... to ease network maintenance costs

The current febrile information climate might not be the best time to combine AI, 5G, cloud and drones, but Samsung has done it because the company is conspiring to ease network management chores. Today, the company says, a trip to check that antennae configuration atop a cell tower can take hours. And some poor sod has to go …

1. Spanners Silver badge
    Black Helicopters

Will the drone be safe?

Perhaps the stunningly stupid people that believe in these conspiracy theories will get anti-drone technology. You know the sort of thing, a microwave blaster that will cause the drone to shutdown (after frying the users spuds first)?

Sounds like a great idea. I want one of these drones.

2. Big_Boomer Silver badge
    Terminator

I for one welcome our new masters

Now the robots are self checking and soon they will become self repairing. From there it's a small step to self building and then we are all doomed. The 5G nutters were right, 5G is going to kill us all, but not with COVID-19 or by melting our braincells. How could they be so wrong and yet so right,.....

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"a smartphone-controlled craft"

No way that could go wrong. Nobody will be able to take control of the phone with malware and have some fun, like by flying the drone into the mast.

I do hope that the communications between the phone and the drone are encrypted. They are, right ? Right ?

Oh who am I kidding, the guy who wrote that app hasn't even looked at an encryption framework, let alone implemented it.

4. Pangasinan Philippines

productise

If this is an Americanism it should be productize, surely?

But it still means nothing to me.

I am confuserised.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Angel

Re: productise

Your commenterization is correctized. The proper American spellification is productize.

There is no proper usage of the abominable term.

5. piscator
    Thumb Up

Seems like a good idea to me

As per subject line

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like