back to article Can't get your Pi fix online? The Cambridge shop's back open for business, Brits

Raspberry Pi fans rejoice! The foundation's Cambridge outlet has tentatively opened its doors once more, although is sadly shorn of its trademark interactive displays. The reopening comes as neighbouring Apple flung open the doors of the majority of its UK stores this week, although far be it from us to point out that one …

1. Gene Cash Silver badge

YASPDFV

Yet Another Shitty PDF Viewer (http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/59275/U.S.-Gold-Another-Successful-Year-1986/)

Can we stop trying to reinvent the PDF viewer? Everyone has their own installed already, and it's a pain in the ass to spend 5 minutes trying to find the tiny download icon, if it's even there.

I'm sure the museum's time is much better served elsewhere.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: YASPDFV

This appears to be an image viewer where you click on the image to get an bigger version but you can right click and choose View Image if you want. What are they doing wrong?

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: An idea for allowing hands on action...

This is already done in many countries, but presumably Johnny Virus hasn't reckoned on the Blitz spirit in the UK yet. By not letting this strand of RNA in a protein shell know we're afraid and carrying on as normal as if it wasn't a pandemic, we'll bally well beat it.

And just to make sure, we'll fiddle the figures.

2. Intractable Potsherd

Any requirement to wear certain items to enter an establishment or mode of transport other than one related to healthcare means that they will not get my custom - certainly now, probably not in the future. It's security theatre destroying the fabric of society.

1. Lee D Silver badge

Could you tell me how it's not related to healthcare in the current climate?

1. Intractable Potsherd

Healthcare related - hospital, GP, ambulance. Not shop. If you can't see the difference, then I despair.

1. Lee D Silver badge

Welcome to the rest of the world where people are wearing masks and gloves in every shop they go into, because they have half a brain.

1. Intractable Potsherd

But I'm not in the rest of the world, and, currently, I don't want to be. This obsession with wearing highwayman garb really frightens me.

3. James Hughes 1

Unfortunately, gloves prices have gone up by a factors of about 2-3 in the current crisis - what used to be 50 pairs for 4.99 is now 20 pairs for 5.99 (YMMV). So supplying gloves is an expensive business. But then so is masks I suppose. Just have to put prices up to cover the costs.

3. Eli...

The Pi is a Lie.

I gave up on the Raspberry and its Foundation at about the Rpi 2B stage.

After watching the increasingly toxic comments by staff towards new and

established players on it's forums I decided I didn't want to be lumped in

with them.

Any Rpi projects I had are long since completed, and I donated the

4 I had to a local Tech college who were glad of the spares.

I can only think they've grown into a full fledged business, as so many

.org's or foundations do, with the main focus being on the money...

Wonder when they'll change names to Micro-Pi.

1. ICL1900-G3

Re: The Pi is a Lie.

Missing you already.

1. Eli...

Re: The Pi is a Lie.

Oh I'm sure your aim will get better as you grow in experience.

Have an absolutely lovely, marvellous, peachy-keen day.

Eli...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like