back to article Psst. Hey kid, you want $50 in AWS credit? Great, you just need to fill out this form and sit through these web lectures

Amazon Web Services is offering attendees of its virtual summit for Europe, Middle East and Africa a $50 credit for turning up, watching sessions and submitting feedback. The problem AWS is addressing is a feature of free virtual events: getting people to sign up is a start, but with no incentive for actually attending, and no …

1. Unep Eurobats

Keynote by Werner

Always good value.

2. FrogsAndChips Silver badge

Difficult choice for tomorrow

Let's see, watching videos for a day to earn $50 in AWS credits, or spending a day out of lockdown at the London Zoo with the kids?

If my phone had a decent battery maybe I could have done both!

1. katrinab Silver badge
      Coat

Re: Difficult choice for tomorrow

Set up some sort remote access to your computer back at home, and “watch” them there?

3. max allan

Results will be pretty poor anyway

It felt like the feedback forms had been designed by someone with not interest in the results. How satisfied were you with the content, presenter and subtitles. And do you have a project you want help with.

I found a couple of the talks very unsatisfying because they spent too long on an obscure feature instead of more detail on the thing people use. Maybe everyone else felt the same way. Or maybe they all wanted more time with the obscure feature. Who knows. We were all dissatisfied.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like