back to article HPE pushes white label kit for 5G edge computing to tempt all the telcos still crying over WhatsApp and pals

Hewlett Packard Enterprise is trying to grab the attention of telcos that in turn need to make a buck from their pricey 5G infrastructure by selling low-latency edge computing applications to biz customers. At its core, HPE's Edge Orchestrator is a SaaS platform that acts as an app gallery, allowing enterprise customers to …

1. riffrafff

"White label kit?"

...sounds racist to me.

1. Neon Teepee
      Joke

Re: "White label kit?"

Postman Pat, Postman Pat,Postman Pat and his translucent, non gender specific, self affirming entitled cat........

And whilst I'm on the subject Black and White aren't technically colours. True black is the abscence of light.

There, I just solved Racism, thank me later.

2. katrinab Silver badge
    Facepalm

And you will be doing this stuff over 5G, and not over a multi-gigabit fibre connection?

3. NetBlackOps

HPE hoping the can flog tons of compute near customer devices for billions of dollars. Frankly, rather than pay extra to the telco, well above price of kit, I'd install my owm bit to do local edge compute and then ship to on-prem or Cloud. Rarely will it be a large expense and I'll not to worry about waiting on telco upgrades.

4. sanmigueelbeer
    Coat

white-label it with their own corporate branding

Would this be funny if Huawei would install this with their branding on it?

NOTE: Circumvents a lot of "restrictions".

5. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"The only real way to reduce that latency is to perform the computational legwork as close to the source as possible."

On your own computers rather than somebody else's?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like