back to article Start-up promises video-on-phone editing chip

A startup chip designer has announced a low-power video processor it claims will allow video editing on your mobile phone, or "high- performance, in-phone video post-production in real time on power-conscious mobile devices." Movidia logo Dublin, Ireland-based Movidia said their MA1110 processor will enable users of what it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Promising first steps....

No, I don't want to do video-editing on a mobile phone, but imagine the convenience of a scaled-up version in a system otherwise no more powerful than an eeePC or Aspire (or perhaps even a OneT!)

Surely it's trying to keep the battery running long enough on your overheating MacBook Pro or shiny little Vaio that stops the average small video business being able to do on-the-spot editing. So a low-power option is very appealling. Hell, surely even the Beeb would want them as a backup for their enormous outside production units.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Footage of football matches?

I can see some serious legal problem if Sky get wind of this...

still, sounds good!

3. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Another "feature"...

... for masochists or for idle thumbs. Will they provide a large water-filled magnifying glass as well? You can't edit anything on such a small screen, it's a gimmick.

4. JohnP
    Go

Software solutions

There are already a number of handsets with software based video editing solutions, or downloadable apps. It is not battery life that makes video editing on a mobile so difficult, it is the tiny screen and the UI.

5. Gareth

Not the bloody iPhone tho'

Whaa? Hardly a mobe article gets up that doesn't namecheck the iphone in some way, but here it's noticeable by its absence. For all the glory that they get, it's worth repeating that iphones (including mine) can't capture video. It's prolly *won't* rather than *can't*, but nevertheless, a valid point.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like