back to article Earnings up, broadband users (and voice calls) down: TalkTalk posts prelim results for FY 2020

TalkTalk has opened up on a challenging fiscal 2020 which saw revenues decline by 3.9 per cent to £1.518bn, paired with a slight contraction of its broadband business. The latest numbers come from a preliminary earnings report for the financial year ended March 31, 2020, during which the UK ISP shed 69,000 fixed line broadband …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Comments?

They are totally predictable

We use Talktalk for our business. No problems. Sorry about that..

Cheers… Ishy

1. Captain Scarlet

Re: Comments?

For consumers they are an absolute pain, business not actually to bad (Although they do stuff like block teamviewer.com by default) as they provide for another company.

2. getHandle

TalkTalk customer here, faster broadband, FTTC - 40Mb consistently. No problems as long as you don't have to actually talk to them! (Customer services are dreadful in a number of ways...)

VPN drops out rather regularly but that could just be Cisco ;-)

Damn Wifi-hub is a bit on the bulky side, but no biggie.

1. Stuart 22

Zen customer here. 60Mb + /29 IP delegation for not a lot more.

Good news is CS are brilliant, actually know more about internetty stuff than me and don't need scripts. Bad news is that's mostly wasted 'cos their service has been flawless for 15 years.

Worth paying the dosh just for the smugness and the knowledge we can only be out-smugged by A&A. But I ain't that rich.

1. Martin-73 Silver badge

Business or personal? Business is spendy with A&A but... for home use,. 45 a month including a dedicated landline didn't seem too awful to me, having dealt with the likes of vermin mediocre

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Have to disagree completely about Zen CS.

I was one of those who ran into a seemingly perennial problem with single threaded download performance (now only on the third page on thinkbroadband's Zen forum, so perhaps they've finally sorted it for everyone?). It was monumentally difficult to get Zen to listen, and frankly some of their customer "service" responses would make TalkTalk look like their CS was staffed by the likes of Vint Cerf and Tim Berners Lee themselves. Not even raw, hard data could sway them.

Only with sufficient escalation (via thinkbroadband) to an actual network engineer was progress then made, though it still took a long time for it to be resolved.

A problem I have never, not once had on my BT line.

2. jason 7

On one the more regular things in small business and domestic IT support!

Customer - "I have really bad broadband!"

Me - "Are you with TalkTalk?"

Customer - "How did you guess?!?"

Get them switched over to any other ISP on the planet and that 1.5Mbps connection "that's as good as it gets!" according to TalkTalk, jumps to 10Mbps or more.

3. macjules

At least you have internet (via TalkTalk).

Ok, so that is like saying "Hey lockdown can't be that bad. At least you have 20 cases of Budweiser in your house."

1. BenDwire Silver badge
      Facepalm

Re: At least you have internet (via TalkTalk).

... and because we're the NHS it's alcohol-free Budweiser

4. steviebuk Silver badge

TalkTalk the arses

Block TeamViewer by default so trying to get to a users machine while working from home was a pain. Then having to go into their router a turn off the blocking. One said users speeds aren't even 1mb up or down.

TalkTalk are useless.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like