back to article 'Direct from the software vendor': UK.gov goes window-shopping for standard ERP in £400m spree

UK government procurement unit Crown Commercial Service is sizing up the market for new back-office systems for central government in deals that could be worth up to £400m. The expected resulting framework agreement – for software including ERP, human capital management (HCM), procurement and supply chain, information …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm not sure it's a bad idea ...

... my company is just the tech world's most expensive dating agency - we sell people Oracle, SAP, VMWare etc. and we add v̶a̶l̶u̶e̶ cost, risk and delay

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Unintended Consequences?

So........we're going to have GCHQ operating in "the cloud". Security? Privacy? Hackers FREELY able to find out what's going on in Cheltenham?

I love it!! Bring it on!! And only millions of pounds of taxpayers money....a bargain, surely!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There's another £400M of tax payers money

Down the pan...

4. Ian Johnston Silver badge

Prediction: It will go over budget by a factor of at least two and be cancelled when it still hasn't worked, five years late.

1. David Lewis 2
      Coat

Re: Prediction ...

@Ian, I find you optimism deeply disturbing.

5. logicalextreme

Human Capital Management?

If that's intended to be a less dehumanising term to replace "Human Resources", I feel like perhaps it's failed in that endeavour.

6. EnviableOne
    Pirate

who gets this one

Crapita, Sopra, Interserv, DXC, G4S, .......

answers on a postcard,

icon cause someone's going to rip them off

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like