back to article Beware, space Chuck Norris inside: Wacky flight rules for Chris Cassidy's first mission unearthed as Navy SEAL greets Dragon crew

As well as that launch and docking, there was plenty to amuse rocket fans last week as China unveiled space station plans, ESA aimed for more bonus science and Rocket Lab named the date. Again. On the 12th launch of Electron, my true love gave to me... Small sat flinger Rocket Lab is very much back in the launcher business …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

barf

american recalling all Seal's accomplishments

what's his sperm count, also something to brag about?

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

ISS vs LHC

The choice of military pilots is presumably why the ISS has produced so much top-rated science and greatly advanced our ability to perform high school science fair experiments in space.

There are very few ex-special forces scientists on the LHC and as far as I know none of the directors of CERN (except possibly Fabiola) have ever killed a man with their bare hands.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: none of the directors of CERN [...] have ever killed a man with their bare hands.

Of course not. They just lure them into the beam pipe, then use the collider to fire mini black holes at their head! :-)

2. dvhamme

Re: ISS vs LHC

Sounds a bit unfair, CERN grade boffins can still design the experiments to be performed on the ISS, and I don't think they'd be superior to current astronaut profiles in actually executing them. It's a bit like saying the guy cleaning the shit from the monkey cages has to have a PhD in biology.

1. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge

Re: ISS vs LHC

It's a shit job even with a doctorate

2. Kane
      Joke

@Louis Schreurs

"barf

american recalling all Seal's accomplishments

what's his sperm count, also something to brag about?"

Please pass along my congratulations to your surgeon.

Your sense of humour removal was a roaring success.

2. Dave Pickles

ANDESITE?

The acronym for "Ad-Hoc Network Demonstration for Extended Satellite-Based Inquiry and Other Team Endeavors" should be the rather more worrying ANDESBIOTE.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Oneman2Many

How long before Rocket Lab try a first stage recovery ?

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme
      Joke

Perhaps when he returns from ISS, Rocket Lab can hire Chris Cassidy (and/or Chuck Norris) to stand in the landing zone and just catch them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like