back to article Capita, Fujitsu and pals tuck into slices of £3bn London NHS framework

A group of London NHS trusts has awarded a gaggle of IT resellers, integrators, and service companies a place on a framework contract worth up to a total of £3bn. Led by Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, as hosts of NHS London Procurement Partnership, the deal is split into lots which include but are not limited to: …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No one aware Fuji are more keen on settling the Hiroshima/Nagasaki score than doing business with the country they are in?

Or is that all clear and classified as ransom payments by no. 11?

Own opinion only, of course

2. Tubz Silver badge
    FAIL

Deloitte LLP, Capita Business Service, Fujitsu Services, Atos IT Services

Doomed to fail !!

1. Rufus McDufus

The Usual Suspects.

1. Ian 3

A veritable confederacy of dunces, if ever there was.

2. gwp3

Pork barrel health

People like to think the UK is not corrupt ...

3. taxman

3 Billion for IT?

Well I just checked the calendar because, well you know, it's easy to lose track of days at present. But nope. It's not April 1st!

We're doomed! Doomed, I tell you!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Happy Clappy People

There’s no money for PPE or for paying NHS staff properly. Rejoice at this news as you stand there on Thursday you lucky happy clappy people.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Happy Clappy People

There is money for PPE. The problem is there's little to buy at any price.

4. RM Myers
    Thumb Down

"chatbots, blockchain, RPA, and AI"

This definitely has a musical ring to it - maybe a Sonato in BS major? Or at least, major BS.

5. TheBorg

It should be a national system that is integrated, not a regional or smaller solution. The NHS should by now use national systems where medical records can be used to treat patients wherever they happen to be. It's still a ball ache to move areas and get your records to follow.

1. ovation1357

They already tried this, spaffed billions up the wall and then largely abandoned it.

It was the NHS "Spine" project: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/18/nhs-records-system-10bn

I believe there are bits of spine that were delivered but I'm fairly sure it originally had the goal of becoming a single, national database of patient records but never got there.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fools and their money....

Oh, bugger, hang on. I bet that's a hefty slice of taxpayers money!

7. Hubert Thrunge Jr.

What could go wrong?

Fujitsu, Crapita, Atoms, et Al.. oh wait....

How do I set up the reminder to this post when it all goes titsup in about 12 months?

8. NeilPost Silver badge

Cloud ??

Why the duck do you need to pay any of this scum money for cloud services.

Microsoft/AWS/Google etc will do most of this at no or low cost and surely they already have framework procurement agreements with HMG. You know gCloud etc ??

1. ovation1357

Re: Cloud ??

Quack!

"No or low cost" - are you kidding? The cloud is expensive. Probably a lot cheaper than the kind of pricing involved in this deal, but not cheap and certainly not free.

The other factor is that directly using these cloud services is apparently too complex so a contract gets awarded to a 'partner' organisation which will manage all the cloud infrastructure. So they're not just paying for the vehicle but also for the private chauffeur.

It's all depressingly wasteful.

9. Nicodemus's Knob

It's not their money they are spending

Good grief, I'm confident that they pull a number out of a hat, the hat with numbers provided by the usual suspects.

It's not their money they are spending, just the good old British public's and everybody knows that's unlimited.

10. Torchy

Fujitsu.

I would not let Fujitsu anywhere near an NHS system after what they provided for the Post Office.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like