back to article Azure India wobbles due to ‘underlying physical datacentre issue’

The Central India region of Microsoft’s Azure cloud is in trouble. At 12:41 UTC on 18 May 2020 Microsoft reported “an underlying physical datacentre issue which is impacting some Compute and Storage resources in one of the datacenters in the region.” The issue was quickly mitigated, but at the time of writing – 02:00 UTC on …

1. man_iii

Landlocked in the Valley

Hmmm seems strange not to plan for outages at a location some ways inland and nestled between gentle rolling hills with no access to undersea cables or proper high speed high density satellite uplinks.

At least Mumbai or other Port cities seem to be a better option as you can flood your data center in the sea for some passive water cooling and access to that trunked underwater cables of notoriety.

1. Steve_Jobs1974

Re: Landlocked in the Valley

I think only 10 Azure Regions have Availability Zones, and even the regions that do have AZ’s only a small fraction of the Azure services use them. So, unless you use a service that works across muti-az in a region that supports them, you can expect this sort of outage.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Microdown

Yawn....Another day, another Microsoft outage...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Facepalm

Re: <X> down

You mean another day another outage. Microsoft is neither alone or even the worst.

1. Steve_Jobs1974

Re: <X> down

Well not according to Gartner (Cloud Harmony) , out of the big 3 Msft is lagging by a long way. 7 x more downtime in 2019

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Underlying issue....?

MS must have subbied out the DC management to WIPRO...

(May be a bit unfair, that. I'm sure they do a good job somewhere).

4. hoola Silver badge

Service Down

I am sure that all SLAs and services will have been unaffected.

As long as you can login to the portal they appear to class that as meeting the SLA.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dighi

Is this the Azure DC setup at ex-VSNL ex-Tata Tele DC campus at Dighi ?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like