back to article Senior MP tells UK Defence Committee on 5G security: Russia could become China's cyber-attack dog

Russia might begin carrying out cyber attacks against Britain's 5G networks "at the behest of China", the chairman of a Parliamentary Select Committee has ventured. The startling prediction came from Tobias Ellwood MP, chairman of the Defence Committee, as he presided over a hearing on 5G security and Huawei's involvement. "I …

1. IGotOut Silver badge

Russia and China...

Could become closer and closer.

Well is that because

A) they are both former Communist states, despite having quite a hostile attitude towards each other or

B) the west being hostile to both those, therefore making them look to other markets and working on technologies together.

Hmmmm....

1. Chris G

Re: Russia and China...

If Elwood thinks Russia is ever likely to become subservient to China, he us too dumb to be even an MP.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
        Thumb Down

Agreed. Putin is subservient to no one. Does this Elwood remember that Russia and China have been on the brink of open warfare several times in the past ? They re both itching for a fight.

So Huawei has rather shoddy coding practices. You're telling me that Cisco doesn't ? I seem to remember a rather embarrassing goof not so long ago, one that actually forced Cisco to offer a free replacement.

No, this is just another excuse for laying it on Huawei. They have no proof of anything, but since they're "experts", they can spout their bile without needing proof.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

One of the reasons GCHQ cited for recommending that Huawei be allowed to bid is that the extra competition (i.e. Huawei's price undercutting) would encourage Cisco and Ericsson to up their game! That way there was a reason to pay more for their kit thus improving the standards of everyone's equipment overall

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

I think its a shimmy

China is Trumps scapegoat. But Russia takeover is the real problem faced by Europe.

How to segway from Trump's *China* attack agenda into one against Russia? Simply claim they're in-cahoots! However implausible. That's what I think that's about.

I don't like Russia, they're only good for two things, throw-away email address and jokes based on the word Ivan, and I would not buy US made kit at this point.

Trump is clearly compromised. Today, ventilators that were withheld from US States are being sent to Russia in the middle of the US epidemic.

Ronald-Republican can't breathe, but Vladimir-Vladivostok damn well can. Thank you Trump! MRGA! We get it.

Trump is compromised, so NSA is compromised so I'd give a pass on Cisco kit. All those automated backdoors from US companies into the NSA become automated backdoors into Russian GRU.

IMHO, Huawei are the Biden of network providers and this MP is simply trying to shimming attacks on China into attacks on Russia where they're really needed.

(or perhaps the other way, depends on the focus of his audience).

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Re: I think its a shimmy

To the three down-mods on my comment...

Trump today is sending ventilators needed for the US to Russia, right in the middle of a pandemic, when at the same time denying ventilators to US States. That is fact. Worse it was literally agreed mid-April even before Jared denied the states the ventilators as they had to split ventilators, they'd already agreed to send them to Russia.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-is-giving-ventilators-to-russia-putin-for-coronavirus-response-2020-5

Can you breath? Then you're Russian not American.

There has been a quid-pro-quo though. Russia is sending back new products based on their asbestos industry back to the USA. Who the f**k wants asbestos back? The only place its made now is Russia, but sure enough EPA approves asbestos use again!

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-asbestos-707642/

It's a tough thing to face. You have a Russian puppet in charge and he's prepared to kill Americans for his boss. Maybe you should *really* be patriotic instead of following One America Network and its Sputnik/OAN joint programming?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/oan-trumps-new-favorite-channel-employs-kremlin-paid-journalist

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The whole report about MPs discussing 5G puts me in mind of a chimp's tea party discussing nuclear fission.....

3. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

It's simpler than that

A) China is bad

B) Russia is bad

Therefore China == Russia

Over here on the left pond the anti-China rhetoric has turned up, even outside Fox.

A too-tall stack of empty containers blew over in the wind in Rotterdam - it was reported as "containers from China fall over"

The biggest floating crane failed a load test in Germany, by its German makers before being sold to a Chinese customer. It was reported as a Chinese crane accident

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I surprised the author didn't manage to get North Korea or Iran mentioned in dispatches :/

You know, to boost credibility...

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

>A) they are both former Communist states

China is still a communist state - which is the probably most uncomfortable problem for neo-liberals.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

>china is still communist

China has single party rule. But it's not clear that the people "own the means of production"

or that links between security services and telecoms companies are any closer than in eg the USA or Israel

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

[tedious politics nerd rant mode = on]

There is no such thing as a communist state because the official definition of communism is that the state has ceased to exist. That's pretty straightforward.

China is a one party state in which the ruling party is called the "Communist party". There are lots of one party states. Some people would say that the UK is really a one party state since 1979 - when the other party got in, it was because it had become indistinguishable from the ruling party. But there are lots of other examples to choose from.

If you want a different exemplar for China, it's still very Confucian.

China has a mixed economy which is just as much of a mess as that of the UK or the US. It's a matter of reporting.

For instance the British railways - they are clearly partly government controlled, and that's good. In the US Boeing survives because of government contracts, and that's good. Huawei is clearly partly government controlled - that's bad.

Neoliberals can either persuade themselves that China is a big threat because of its new embrace and extend philosophy, or persuade themselves that it is evolving along a capitalist road. It makes little odds.

[tedious politics nerd rant mode = off]

China is what it is, not whatever straitjacket we wish to force it into.

>Some people would say that the UK is really a one party state since 1979

That's ridiculous. Britain is a democracy. If you live in a marginal seat, then every 4 years you get a say in whether a public school Oxford PPE graduate from Eton or somewhere else gets to run the country (so long as Rupert Murdoch approves)

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

>the official definition of communism

The official definition of communism?

>China has a mixed economy which is just as much of a mess as that of the UK or the US. It's a matter of reporting.

China has maintained a minimum economic growth of 6% since 1978 - I wouldn't want to live there, but to ignore what they have achieved economically and socially (given where they started) is willful ignorance.

China most definitely is a communist state.

5. low_resolution_foxxes

You could pay both high software dev and patent royalties, or.. Not? And use cheap ruski China labour instead?

2. Klimt's Beast Would

The wrong Elwood.

I propose the Blues Brothers, even if they are fictional and one of them is dead, would do a better job than these blowhards. At least they were properly entertaining rather than blowing smoke...

Elwood Blues: It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses.

Jake Blues: Hit it!

1. Klimt's Beast Would

Re: The wrong Elwood.

The Reg itself reports today how industry is trying to square this circle (unless I am seriously mistaken in my interpretation):

American tech goliaths decide innovation is the answer to Chinese 5G dominance, not bans, national security theater

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/05/07/us_5g_open_ran_coalition/

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Listen to/for Experts in Fields of Excellence is Sound Prime Advice for AIMagic Key Holders.

That sure is good shit Tobias Ellwood MP, chairman of the Defence Committee, be smoking.

Try less, Tobias. You explore Classic Paranoia in your current condition? It leads virtually everywhere bad and practically nowhere good.

Haven't you learned that already yet? Crikey, .......... that's a long way behind where you could be in another frame of mind world view, and leading to nowhere brilliant.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Listen to/for Experts in Fields of Excellence is Sound Prime Advice for AIMagic Key Holders.

Children, please listen and note .... take great care of your medicament, for too much of a good thing is invariably always bad for you. The SMARTR Wise Ones heed the warning, learning more than they ever before thought possible, and move on to much greater things.

Others can struggle and would appear to be in dire straits need of ESPecial Help/Virtual AIdD ...... https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/final-straw-elon-musk-says-hes-suing-alameda-county-moving-tesla-texas-or-nevada

Beware and be aware, stay alert to the temptation and the danger.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Finally gone for broke

Or just gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the public.

Paranoid much?

Here in the US, we're ahead of the curve - everthing is Trump's fault, even things done before his time...

Sure, no entity is innocent, but this is child-level thinking and oversimplification - it's not all the fault of one.

Perhaps some of the hysteria is avoiding notice of that mess in the mirror?

1. DCFusor

Re: Finally gone for broke

I'm reminded of this quote, the truth of which doesn't seem to be affected by who is in power, or the country - it's nearly the same everywhere and everywhen.

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.”

― H.L. Mencken, In Defense Of Women

It seems the MIC worldwide, that great self-licking ice cream cone, that almost always gets its way, is just doing the old money seeking behavior so prevalent these days, and not unique to them.

2. Asaysummit

No it's Trump's fault

I see you keep it vague, because its pretty gruesome how badly someone can fail & flail, but even this week is all traceable to Trump.

So, 2 ex special forces nutjobs invade Venezuela, to capture its president.

Silvercorp, turns out to be Trump's body guards for MAGA events. I shit you not. Trump probably asked Jared to organize it. pathetic.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v7g4d8/venezuela-mercenaries-silvercorp-gordon-goudreau-trump-rally

Or those armed militias that have been threatening States to force them to open too early.

Linked to Betsy DeVos, Trump's Education Secretary:

https://www.salon.com/2020/04/16/conservative-grouplinked-to-devos-familyorganizes-protest-of-coronavirus-restrictions-in-michigan/

Or the "Mourning in America" 1am Twitter meltdown at his fellow Republicans over this critical video of his, that was him, go read his meltdown, its still on twitter, its hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_yG_-K2MDo

Trying to drop the charges on Flynn, twice admitted pleading guilty to lying to the FBI, is now innocent? That's him. Bill Barr isn't so stupid, Flynn can potentially end up with perjury charges added. The court decides perjury not Barr.

And what are we distracting from? A whistleblower complaint revealing he'd been funneling contracts to his donors and the existence of a 'VIP' suppliers list.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jared-kushner-s-shadow-coronavirus-task-force-used-a-spreadsheet-called-vip-update-to-procure-ppe-from-inexperienced-trump-allies-over-legitimate-vendors/ar-BB13GxCn

And he puts his major donor in the head of the US Postal Service:

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/07/top-trump-donor-who-gave-more-than-2-million-to-the-gop-picked-to-run-postal-service/

Watch November when this man shuts down mail delivery in Democrat districts "for safety" as the virus kills hundreds of thousands.

But all of this is really to distract from the elephant in the room. Corona Virus. He did not order a lockdown, Germany, Austria, Asia, China, the rest of the world did, and they are all ready to open free from the virus with almost no deaths.

Across Europe things are opening up, across Asia borders are opening. Things are getting back to normal.

The USA is opening up with growing infections in Republican States and is ordering another 100K bodybags.

The whistleblower says he's been shown the projections for how many people he'll kill as a result of this, and he's doing it anyway. GOP also has seen the figures, there isn't a Republican governor that actually follows random liars on Fox News, they've seen the numbers. They know the plan.

Body bags are difficult to hide, especially when there are hundreds of thousands containing mostly older voter Republican demographic people. Fox News might not report the numbers or lie about them, but Fox News viewers will have their friends and family in those bags and they'll know.

GOP needs to realize that this strategy is a fail.

GOP needs to change course.

GOP needs to cut their losses on this man.

They have a good life, plenty of money, the ability to walk away from this, so come January 20th when he's pretending to have the military behind him to keep power, they might want to remember his MAGA bodyguards in Venezuela is his idea of a military force. He's not in jail in Venezuela, they are.

Prediction: he'll drop the sanctions against Russia. Bill Barr has already dropped the prosecution against the Russian front companies that were funding the GOP and Trump campaigns. A man that decides he can kill hundreds of thousands of people, is a man who won't think twice about doing deals with an enemy state to survive.

1. Bck

Re: No it's Trump's fault

Well, he already outsourced Ukraine relationship to his priovate attorney. That went well, so why stop.

The GOP handles him like the M**** Don he proves to be. Some claim that they are committing massive perjury, but it is kind of visible that they, as a ghroup, believe him when he says "I am the State" - Louis XIV being his model.

And all of that will be confirmed by computer-based popular vote. The Alpha release was by Diebold in 2000. It takes time to organize and reorganize, as voting machines are not under that brand anymore. And who cares about DEFCON ?

So starting 1/1/2021 it will all be legal.

Any second thoughts will be, er, distracted by an appropriate declaration of war. The target is irrelevant.

I recently watched "1984" (the early BBC version) again. Chilling, especially iof you add to the above the convergence between Political Correctness and Newspeak.

For-profit Press and for-profit Healthcare. These are useful concepts.

The peer-to-peer Internet could have derailed that. Thankfully, Intellectual Property was handy to turn Internet into an instrument to broadcast propaganda instead.

5. batfink

I am glad the fate of the UK is in the hands of such geniuses

Every time I think the stupidity of our elected representatives has hit a new low, they then go on to try just that little bit harder.

6. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Unhappy

Scary stuff

First that people keep spouting this bullshit,

Second that others actually believe it.

Re: Scary stuff

May I recommend a plan?

Declare war on Canada, immediately surrender and demand to be occupied

7. Version 1.0 Silver badge

Hanlon's razor

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Could this cyber shite be happening? Well it could be, but we could stop it by building our networks ourselves and doing a good job at testing them before they are setup - any stupidity would then be our own and we could learn from it. Personally my dislike of the 5G networks is that, if implemented, then our phone companies will be profiting by selling all our personal usage and location data before Google does. So it will be sold twice.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Hanlon's razor

Trouble is, they won't pay UK people competitive rates.

Our best minds are being tempted to the Middle East, South Korea and the US by stacks of cash.

The tradition here is to shit on contractors by introducing banal tax laws, red tape, preventing smaller outfits from bidding by allowing massive firms like Crapita to jump the queue and so on.

I'm UK based but most of my work is for overseas clients. They pay better and your only competition is the local pool of talent...which usually ain't up to snuff.

2. Nick Ryan Silver badge

Re: Hanlon's razor

It's also very encumbered by patents. While this sort of works, this only remains the case as long as there are enough different patent holders that they are forced to cross-license them across all competitors - mergers of large organisations really don't help with this. When there are too few different patent holders the barrier to the entry to the market to any other organisation is so high that it's restricted to a few who then with less competition no longer have to worry about quality and innovation and can instead milk the market for all they can.

The solution is, of course, open standards. Unfortunately when it comes to theoretical and practical power and radio research this can rapidly become very expensive and that's before the different spectrum licensing regimes around the world come into play. As a result it's an expensive market to be in and the investment in research needs to be paid for somehow...

I'm fairly sure that arbitrarily deciding that individual suppliers are "bad" is not going to help though.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There's too much China Cold War rhetoric

Hey, China has an awful human rights record, and it is possible for even Western citizens to completely disappear into the Chinese prison system. And they turned this oppression apparatus loose on their own citizens who were reporting about coronavirus outbreaks, and screwed the rest of the world in the process of doing that. And they regularly discriminate against anyone who is not a native Chinese citizen, denying them access to all manner of everyday places that native Chinese can go to. And I am totally onboard with bringing back more manufacturing of items that really do have a national security aspect to them. And I am even in favor of our military and intelligence services watching the Chinese extra closely, considering their aggressive intrusions and threats against other nation's waters and territories.

HOWEVER, we don't need to be looking for Chinese boogeymen everywhere. Might Huawei's bugs or backdoors get leaked to Russian hackers, who take advantage of them? Sure. Might those hackers contract out their services to Chinese public or private sector patrons? Sure. However, those hackers would gladly take money from public or private employers elsewhere in the world, and take advantage of bugs and backdoors in software and equipment from vendors based in anywhere in the world.

9. steelpillow Silver badge
    Devil

The H word

It is well known that any Internet discussion on certain matters will invariably bring gratuitous mention of a certain H-word denoting a certain mid-twentieth century Nationalist leader.

Seems that the politico-cyber-security world has a new H word. Can you tell what it is yet?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The H word

It shall henceforth be known as steelpillow's law.

10. Claverhouse Silver badge
    Meh

Insights

In response to a question from Conservative MP Alicia Kearns, who was a "guest member" of the panel from the Foreign Affairs Committee, Pienaar said: "It is calculated that the Chinese government have financed the growth of Huawei with some $75bn over the past three years to enable it to achieve the kind of market dominance it currently has in telecommunications equipment."

If, post our own wicked Empah, they can do all this world-taking stuff, why couldn't we have done it ?

Srsly, we have a vast telecommunications past, factories and workers, what stopped us from trying to dominate sales ?

She continued:

Do not forget that Huawei is also providing equipment in other markets, such as China.

Huawei sells to China, eh ? Live and Learn...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Insights

"Srsly, we have a vast telecommunications past, factories and workers, what stopped us from trying to dominate sales ?"

1) The life and times of Emperor Weinstock (GEC) and friends

2) The lifestyle and bonuses of the mergers and acquisitions teams in The City

3) The total and utter incompetence of upper management at BT (specifically BT, not Post Office Telecom etc) and others who allowed, nay encouraged, the monopoly culture at BT to continue to dominate (and ultimately delay) decent telco service delivery in the UK.

4) North Sea Oil (talk about "money to burn")

5) All of the above

6) Other?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Weinstock didn't kill GEC - that was "achieved" by other British businesses.

He's been spinning in his grave ever since.

It does make you wonder about the incompetence of British leadership to allow the crown jewel of radio technology, essentially invented in the UK and now crucial to virtually all communication across the planet, to just wither and die.

Un <expletive deleted> believable :(

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

The story I remember about Weinstock is that when Japanese TVs turned up with much of the electronics transistorised, instead of funding similar development for GECs TVs, he instructed a succession of technical directors to have sets designed with fewer valves, sacking each one in turn as they failed.

Sony is still in Wales, by the way.

2. hairydog

Remember System X? The telephone exchange system, designed specifically so that the government could track all phone calls?

This requirement made it expensive, but a price worth paying for any state that distrusted its citizens.

Although it was installed widely in the UK, no other countries would buy it. Thank goodness.

11. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

FFS ..... Wake Up Pathetic Little Robots, Smell the Coffee and Enjoy urTailored Bull Shit.

Pienaar linked Huawei's commercial success to what he described as $75bn of "state aid" from China, apparently citing a Wall Street Journal investigation from December last year.

Kettle meet Pot .....

amanfromMars [2005071431] ...... ponders on the news of BoE Tees Up Another £100bn In QE

The £100bn question?  What assets are they purchasing?  And are they worthy purchasing over others similarly available for sale? 

...... and let the Future SMARTR AI Shenanigans begin, with ideally of course, Simply Superior Special Forces on the Payroll for the Crushing Advantage of Almighty Overwhelming Leverage which One is Advised Not to Need to Apply for the Base Core Damage Inflicted on Targeted QE Operating Systems is Colossal and Mind Blowing.

The abiding problem with all practically free "state aid" is to ensure it is spent well and deposited in the correct personal client current account, rather than all being virtually stolen and effectively wasted with it being rested for onwards delivery to distressed and/or exciting business ventures by central bankers who have as much and no more more of an idea as to what really needs to be done and who needs to benefit from such instant largesse as government wonks do .... and which in a present reality of propping up a spectacularly failing, but wonderfully convenient early system of politically incorrect, fiat paper command and control of populations and persons of interest*, is the Current Pandemic State of Global Greater IntelAIgent Games Play ‽ .

* ...... Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. ...... Mayer Amschel Rothschild

I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire, ...The man that controls Britain's money supply controls the British Empire. And I control the money supply. ~ Baron Nathan Mayer Rothschild (1777-1836) London financier, one of the founders of the international Rothschild banking dynasty

Between a rock and a hard place and evolving revolting revolutionary times with nowhere free to go and hide from a searching glare, and baying for blood mobs, who you gonna call? Ghostbusters? A Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies? :-)

It's all yours, Boris/Dominic. How are you enjoying that very particular and extremely peculiar Right Royal Eton Mess of a FCUKed Up Poisoned Chalice? Methinks it needs more than just weirdos and misfits with odd skills making a start fixing it ...... but they be the radical fundamental base from and upon which anything and everything new and worthwhile is easily built. But then of course, they would say that, wouldn't they :-) MRDA :-)

Re: FFS ..... Wake Up Pathetic Little Robots, Smell the Coffee and Enjoy urTailored Bull Shit.

I wonder if such Progressive ProgramMING is Quantum Entangling and Maybe Remotely Contagious ..... for it is similarly available elsewhere ....... and from someone who knows more than most and just a little about A SURVEY OF RADIAL VELOCITIES in the ZODIACAL DUST CLOUD too.

And I'm now wondering if Brian is into CHAOS for Real .... Clouds Hosting Advanced Operating Systems?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: FFS ..... Wake Up Pathetic Little Robots, Smell the Coffee and Enjoy urTailored Bull Shit.

Cabin fever beginning to get real down there in Plymouth by the sound of it...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: "weirdos and misfits with odd skills"

What's weird is that Cummings thinks brilliant people would want to align their future to the bureaucratic, uninnovative, soul crushing, jobsworth, conservative, poor employer otherwise known as the British civil service.

Rather than actually making a difference outside of government.

12. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

He, DC and .gov.co.uk, do have Unusual Options, but they Can Invite Talk of Insanity*

What's weird is that Cummings thinks brilliant people would want to align their future to the bureaucratic, uninnovative, soul crushing, jobsworth, conservative, poor employer otherwise known as the British civil service.

Rather than actually making a difference outside of government. ..... Anonymous Coward

Popular Virtually Advanced IntelAIgent Resistance may find Cummings discovering Cummings to be a Perfectly Positioned Present Day 0day RAT for Extremely Sensitive Problematical Communications? He could certainly do a whole lot worse and end up with more than just scrambled egg on his face, with even the simplest of tempting missteps. Some succulent secrets are best always kept secret and taken unsaid to one's grave.

Failure in that Simple Task has the Grim Reaper Calling for Payment and Reward.

Cabin fever beginning to get real down there in Plymouth by the sound of it... .... Anonymous Coward

:-) That made me smile more, AC ... Thanks. And thanks for maybe worrying, but all is still fine and dandy here

* However, Quite Possibly Perfect for a Chat with Distant Current Cousins across the Pond, methinks. ...... BullshitUSA v BulldogUKGBNI

:-) A little Something Extra ESPecial from an Almighty Blighty Spooksville? You bet your ass/fanny it is. And it is into causing quite a considerable stir in the most unusual of events at the craziest of times in the most peculiar of spaces and exciting of places.

Now what would that be? ....... a National Treasure to Secure Safely and Effectively Deny Exists or Private Enterprise Program to Purchase and Lend-Lease/Import and Extort and Export Allying Similar Goals/Singularities of Current Future Ultimate Intent ?

And something of a Turing Machine Colossus? With Virtual Machinery Presenting and Preparing New Ways Forward for AI and IT to Practically Energise and Virtually Realise just for you too.

amfM does Knock and Holywood Palace Barracks is a Play on Debbie Does Dallas and suggests if you're Pwnd you're Pwnd whenever Elegant Escape is Designedly Impossible and Wonderfully Undesirable.

13. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Quite Clearly an Alien Assault and AIDevelopment

Who here thinks UKGBNI State Forces can Defend and Strengthen their Leadership in/against a Cyber Attack?

Is there, In-House Competence or is it Necessarily Sub-Contracted Out to the Vultures and Vixens/Pirates and Jolly Rogues of the Private Sector? And who/what supplies whom what for what and whom is the question now asked then for there?

You might discover that Top Secret/Sensitive Compartment Information.

Re: Quite Clearly an Alien Assault and AIDevelopment

And possibly, and therefore definitely of further note and increasing deeper interest to the likes of the bods/boffins/bots in service of programs and projects entertained from the likes of this kind of headquarters for/with myriad remote offices with/for virtual lab spaces to be made available from there too.

Well, it would be surely both naive and arrogant, and certainly most unbecoming too, to think of oneself entirely alone fully immersed in the field and in any way far out front and leading rather than just aiding and abetting and presenting news of the Outstanding Success of ITs Future Planned Epic Journey with Countless Extra Special Trips Always Readily Available Virtually for Free and Practically for Virtually Nothing to Render Everything ....... and that is Quite Almighty ExtraOrdinary. ........ which one supposes is what immediately piques and tweaks all and not just any foreign and alien intelligence interests/areas of inquisitive expertise.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like