back to article Ride now, ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending! Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord is here at last! Kind of

Greetings, traveller, and welcome back to The Register Plays Games, our monthly gaming column. This one has been intensely anticipated by myself and thousands of others for eight long years. We had abandoned all hope, but now it's here and it's not even finished yet. So without further ado... Conan the Barbarian was once …

1. Andy Non Silver badge

"Platform: Just PC for the foreseeable"

And in one sentence, that's the reason I won't be playing it; otherwise it looks halfway entertaining. If it ever comes to a Linux PC or the PS4 then maybe, but I won't hold my breath.

1. Excellentsword (Written by Reg staff)

Re: "Platform: Just PC for the foreseeable"

It is supposed to be coming to consoles, though I suspect not until well out of Early Access. PC players are alpha/beta testing it for you.

2. Jellied Eel Silver badge

Huge, major problem with early access!

.. It has no bread and sausages. An army marches on stomach after all! Ok, it still has butter(lord), but my soldiers really miss sausage sarnies*. Or perhaps they're improvising out of the grain, butter and hogs I give them.

But if one is a fan of the previous titles, this one is worth getting. My game has been remarkably bug-free & fun. Like capturing Chaikand, which seems to be where all the children end up. I have many, but thus far they seem to be refusing to grow up. Then again, they're only about a year old, so a possibly a little young to be trainee murderlords. I'm trying to educate them though, sometimes by <thwacking> enemy militia off castle walls. Remember, this pre-dates HSE/OHSA regulations so it's quite possible to fall off walls, ladders, siege towers.

There's also a steadily growing set of mods available via Nexus.. It doesn't have Steamworks support yet, but that seems to be on the to-do list. None of the patches have broken my game yet, and this pleases me.

*Or perhaps that's just me. Seeing the bread & sausage icons in the previous games used to give me cravings.

3. Throatwarbler Mangrove Silver badge
    Trollface

Awesome!

Now do Walking Simulator.

4. 9Rune5

Beard

You can play as a woman too

But then the beard is out? No bearded lady?

5. Jett9

Character creation tutorial

Could you please do a video tutorial on how to make your character? Note that I'm on console so I can't copy paste character creation code. Thanks

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like