back to article You're a botnet, you've got a zero-day, so where do you go? After fiber, because that's where the bandwidth is

Researchers are warning owners of fiber routers to keep a close eye on their gear and check for firmware updates following the discovery an in-the-wild zero-day attack. The team of Yanlong Ma, Genshen Ye, Lingming Tu, Ye Jin at 360 Netlab say that for more than two months it has been tracking active attacks on what it says is …

1. Androgynous Cow Herd

Faithed based networking

"they have been attempting to contact Netlink but were told this problem should not be happening"

And we agreed. It should not be happening. But it is.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Faithed based networking

"they have been attempting to contact Netlink but were told this problem should not be happening"

And we agreed. It should not be happening. But it is. ....... Androgynous Cow Herd

Does that escalate matters and render it and IT being a quantum thing, Androgynous Cow Herd?

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge
      Coat

Yes indeed. Like in Apollo 13 : A quadruple failure ? That's impossible. Let me get back to you, Flight.

It's really rude when Reality intrudes on what should be a secure, stable system. But intrude it does.

1. Mike 16

" I submit to you: That which _is_, is possible"

My reply long ago to a junior engineer staring at a scope trace and exclaiming "That's impossible!"

(Yeah, complete with a very bad Jeremy Brett imitation)

2. eldakka
    Facepalm

All your fibre are belong to us

see title.

3. A random security guy

Inconceivable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhXjcZdk5QQ

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like