back to article OnePlus 8 equals buttery-smooth refresh rates, water and dust resistance, but an inflating price tag

More of the same isn't always a bad thing, as demonstrated by the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. These devices follow the same path as their older siblings, offering an iterative improvement at a reasonable price. The most obvious changes are skin deep. Instead of using notches or mechanical pop-ups, both phones rely on a hole- …

1. Robert Grant

Good stuff

OnePlus are consistent, good value for money, and keep iterating. They're on to a good thing.

2. Gordon 10

Is it just me

Who thinks any manufacturers that is outside of the 2-3 players that can command north of £500 dollar prices for a marginal improvement in specs is dreaming?

Surely we are at Peak Smartphone?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Is it just me

there are many ways to make a profit and many moves which make, on the surface, absolutely no business sense, yet they're made. Who knows, perhaps this is to launder some hot funds? :)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

There's just no way I'm upgrading unless forced. The tactic of stopping security upgrades to force another sale was cooked up in a board room and put on the plates of developers to digest and develop a taste for it. The board told them that taste is... innovation.

1. Someone Else Silver badge

So that's what a Golden Parachute tastes like!

3. GidaBrasti
    Flame

Middle of the road pricing

£600 middle of the road pricing? Are you mad?

Just because manufacturers choose to have ridiculously high prices for their flagships £600 does not make it middle of the road by any sensible definition.

1. Tomislav

Re: Middle of the road pricing

Yup, I guess my ageing Oneplus 3T will have to do for another year, or three. :)

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge
      Windows

Re: Middle of the road pricing

I am not paying more than €200 for a fucking phone.

It's already more than they are worth to me.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not particularly interested in non-removable batteries nor non-expandable storage.

5. jemmyww
    Thumb Down

I've got an OP7P and the popup camera was the main attraction. I rarely use the front facing camera. The odd thing is, if I want to actually call someone these days its highly likely I'd do it using my computer and video call (for work and family). My phone is what I use when I'm on a work call and it gets boring.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like