back to article SAP's locked-down offshore project managers develop remote work plans for clients

India is the dominant source of offshored IT workers, and home to big facilities for plenty of global IT companies. India is also in lockdown and workers there cannot leave their homes except under limited cirumstances. So The Register decided to ask big global IT companies if the situation has changed the way they deliver …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

IBM, not even mentioned. They are becoming more irrelevant every day.

1. theExecutive

IBM

Indian Business Machines, they should have been! , ah well, can a service as shit as IBM's get any shitter if they have no staff? Actually may get better, THAT is why they are not mentioned, IBM are better without the staff... ill go now...

2. theExecutive

Most Lied

To keep cash flowing, meh!

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    WTF?

"IBM asked to be excused from the story"

On what grounds ? Too difficult to simply state that they are not affected ?

Or too affected to actually be able to formulate a response that won't get them grilled in the tech press again ?

1. stiine Silver badge

Re: "IBM asked to be excused from the story"

I wonder if they intended to say "No Comment." but it was transliterated from the Kannada into the statement printed in the article.

4. a_yank_lurker

Too Early

With the lock downs in the early stages I would be dubious of any comments about the effects. Infrastructure has not been affected much yet nor has there been much social disruption in most countries but I have read reports of problems in India as well as the problems in Southern Italy.

5. IGotOut Silver badge

So let me get this right...

Most of your support in India is non existent and no one's really noticed a decline in service?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like