back to article Cloud'n'server hosting giant OVH more like OMG: Data center hardware failure knocks out services in France

European cloud giant OVH is suffering a substantial outage today: if there's a website you can't reach right now, it's perhaps hosted by OVH.. Affected services include dedicated and virtual servers, domain names, its cloud platform, anti-DDoS protection, and support. DownDetector shows a lot of complaints of broken services …

1. Imhotep

Totally Not My Fault

"A single vendor's faulty gear".

The finger of blame is being pointed pretty early on this one.

2. Detective Emil
    Happy

Great!

That means fewer script-kiddie hack attempts on my hosts from OVH address ranges.

1. Steve Foster

Re: Great!

And perhaps less spam - they seem to be sending a lot of "make money online" and "see how to make money by watching this interview" junk lately.

2. carl0s

Re: Great!

Yep!

A good majority of the scumbags in my fail2ban, RDP and SIP honeypot address lists are from OVH.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Normalise redundancy?

Is that a euphemism for "sorry, we didn't have any but we've ordered some replacement kit from Ebay which will arrive Real Soon Now"?

1. SuperGeek

Re: Normalise redundancy?

Should have gone to Amazon, quicker delivery :)

4. cipnt

Again!?

They had another *major outage* in July last year and some of their services were unavailable for many days, if not weeks.

Jeez!

5. Aron_Pacey

Very shocking news as they are already a big name. but they should really compensate their users by offering something for free.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like