back to article Stockholders, assemble. HP's latest argument: Do you really trust Xerox to take us over during a pandemic recession?

Executives at HP Inc have made yet another pitch to shareholders in their effort to ward off a hostile takeover by Xerox. On Wednesday, an open letter from CEO Enrique Lores and chairman Chip Bergh made the case against letting Xerox absorb HP Inc, pointing to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and a looming financial crisis. " …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Cue the jokes!!

Q: Why won't coronavirus infect HP's executive team?

A: Professional courtesy

(Thank you! I'm here all week, except for the two days a week I need to work to pay for my new HP toner cartridge!!)

1. spold Silver badge

Re: Cue the jokes!!

The takeover is probably not a good idea... it could lead to more copies of the virus.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My crystal ball

Looking at my crystal ball, I see Xerox pulling out of this deal and acquiring HP Inc in 2 years for less than US$10bn after shareholders trust HP's board to manage the company a little longer....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: My crystal ball

If so Xerox management would be even worse to make so much debt to buy it now....

1. juliansh

Xerox management have already lost touch with their own business so seem to think it's a good idea to screw up another one. Albeit HP are doing a good job on that already.

2. Hass
      FAIL

In 2 years Xerox will not even be around

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I didn't know Xerox 'was' around...I think I may have been in isolation longer than I thought, and yes I am waiting for a HP toner printer to be delivered.

3. luis river

future is uncertain

HP inc buyout I believed it will be make, money on hand offer C Icahn and Xerox, the future is uncertain, HP inc stake holders today hold great value ( previous target offer ) but tomorrow ? HP inc deemed.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like