back to article Tesla downs tools in California, New York amid 'non-essential' biz clampdown

Electric car maker Tesla has been forced to suspend production at two of its main production sites, as state authorities in the US impose restrictions on economic activity in a bid to stem the growth of the COVID-19 pandemic. Just two days ago, a reduced cohort of Tesla CEO Elon Musk's employees were told to continue work at …

1. Scott Broukell
    Coat

No doubt this will have an adverse affect on the development of their flagship electric limousine - I've heard that it's going to be Elongated!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Take my upvote you bastard!

1. Kane

"Take my upvote you bastard!"

r/AngryUpvote

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I didn't think Electric Jesus believed in the virus

Maybe he could make us all a personal sub to help ride out the storm

1. MatthewSt

Re: I didn't think Electric Jesus believed in the virus

Not to defend him, but I thought he was criticising the idiotic panic rather than the virus

1. Grunchy Silver badge

Re: I didn't think Electric Jesus believed in the virus

Musk is a denier of things being able to grow exponentially. David Suzuki had a famous quip about exponential growth: in a jar of bacteria that doubles in population each minute, it only notices a problem when the jar has finally filled to the half-way mark.

3. martinusher Silver badge

Modern manufacturing is a rather clean environment

Tesla wasn't the only place up and running on Friday. I'm retired but I still do bits of consulting for the place I used to work at and they seemed to be up and running on Friday because I got mail in from colleagues asking about stuff. (This is also California but not the Bay Area.)

Given how clean modern manufacturing plants have to be I'd be quite happy to ride out the virus in one of them. The problem is getting to and from them -- the freeways might be empty but the thing is rather contagious and mixing with people from adjacent communities is asking for trouble.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like