back to article Who the heck even owns this company? Where is it? Biz risk outfit uses graphDBs to build mammoth compliance network

The market of graph databases, which structures data according to a network of relationships, is tiny. Strong growth might see it hit $2.4bn in 2023. By comparison, Oracle’s annual revenue is $39.5bn, and open source relational databases have many more instances than its licensed products. But plucky graph technology can have …

1. J I

Wagile? I've always heard it called Scrumterfall, but either way, stupid word, stupid idea.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"working with small scrum teams was a much better way of working than waterfall"

That's because waterfall requires that you know what you're doing and how to do it. Here, you didn't have a clue, you were making it up as you go, so yes, agile was the solution.

Agile is not always the solution and, as we see here, neither is waterfall. As for a hybrid approach, I don't see what the problem is if that gets the project done.

A good project manager will choose the tool best suited to the job.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "working with small scrum teams was a much better way of working than waterfall"

...and quite honestly drilling through layers of "this is owned by this" isn't the easiest things in SQL but it isn't that hard and you can go through 100s of layers in seconds, if that's what's needed.

Nothing against trying something new but let's not pretend it's the best thing since sliced bread :-)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Holmes

Re: "working with small scrum teams was a much better way of working than waterfall"

All projects and project managers should have a tool kit to choose from. Too many projects suffer from the attitude (from the project manager or upper management) of "use X because it's what we always use."

3. Paul Herber Silver badge

A city in flight!

Has someone invented the spindizzy and not told us?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: A city in flight!

It was me. Stop you'll or you'll make me blish.

1. BebopWeBop

Appalling pun of the day, but have an upvote.

2. Paul Herber Silver badge

If I were the type of person needing to do so I'd be thinking this is the perfect time to bury bad news.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon