back to article ServiceNow pulls on its platforms, talks up machine learning, analytics in biggest release since ex-SAP boss took reins

As is the way with the 21st century, IT companies are apt to get meta and ServiceNow is no exception. In its biggest product release since the arrival of SAP revenue-boosting Bill McDermott as new CEO, the cloudy business process company is positioning itself as the "platform of platforms". Which goes to show, if nothing else …

1. Stretch

ServiceNow is great

We used to use Jira which meant lots of tickets.

Now we are forced to use ServiceNow which means no more tickets as its so unusable and crap.

I love it. Now we get on with things I want done instead of solving tickets!

1. yoganmahew

Re: ServiceNow is great

Process, process, process, and more process. Need a pencil from the store cupboard? there's a service now twenty minute workflow for that. Laptop dead? Open a service now ticket! Can't get to service now because your laptop is dead? Open a service now ticket! In a support role and want to do no work provisioning new links? Set up an incomprehensible service now workflow that requires you to learn how to provision the link before you can open a ticket.

I hate it.

edit: oh yeah, and let's automate offboarding so we can automate deleting all our contractors at random points in the quarter while they work out the difference between "one" and "all"...

1. David Neil

Sounds like your IT people haven't set it up with the real world in mind and just tried to shoehorn it in. You get that issue with lots of software and it always comes back to people not knowing enough trying to half arse it.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Even better when your ticket goes around the houses and finally gets sent back to you with a message "Fix this pls..."

That and its so b*ddy slow, and since the last update, it seems when you update one of your tickets, it seems to select a random ticket to return to, (Which has messed me up when i wasnt paying attention)

2. Down not across

Now we are forced to use ServiceNow which means no more tickets as its so unusable and crap.

I love it. Now we get on with things I want done instead of solving tickets!

Unless of course you're forbidden to do do anything without a ticket. In which case you can hardly do any real work as you spend most of the day waiting for ServiceNever to do looks ups for the fields,etc.

I've proabably used most of the major ticketing systems in the last few decades and SN is definitely the worst I have come across. Bloated and frustratingly slow.

1. Santa from Exeter

Hah, if you think Service(withasneer)Now is the worst you've obviously never met Remedy!

2. steveskok

Yes, I agree that ServiceNow is great!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like