back to article India's tech hub Bengaluru tells IT outfits to send workers home as part of COVID-crimping action

The Indian city of Bengaluru has advised the IT industry to let its people work from home as part of its response to COVID-19, as at least two cases strike the city. Bengaluru, aka Bangalore, is home to the headquarters of global outsourcing titans Infosys and Wipro, plus big offices for the likes of IBM, Cisco. The city is …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"our satellite office was also deep cleaned"

That may or may not have been useful, I couldn't say, but if you're putting people back in there now then it almost certainly wasn't.

It's not cleaning the office you need to do, it's keeping people out of it to stop the spread.

1. davenewman

Re: He made one mistake

Well there is transmission by touching surfaces, so cleaning surfaces removes one transmission route.

1. The Pi Man

Re: He made one mistake

Only until the ne t infected person touches it...

2. Caver_Dave Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Scammers still working

I had two calls from 'Microsoft' this morning. (I have a physical phone line due to being in a mobile not-spot!)

When I tell them to p1ss off they normally just put the phone down, but one of them left me with the parting shout "I will send Covid-19 down the phone line to infect you!"

Good to see they know as much about disease as they do about computers!

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

Re: Scammers still working

We're going to regret the B Ark.

3. https://www.kbauthority.com

Coronavirus Covid-19 is at stage 2 in India

I work from India and yes I agree on this but not just bangalore but in whole India this situation is, we are asked to work from home till 31st of March 2020.

1. https://emerchantauthority.com

Re: Coronavirus Covid-19 is at stage 2 in India

Yes I agree with you, me too working from home in India and seems to be its now in control but may be lockdown will be till at least 1 more month from now I guess until we don't see low or no new cases. But we all need to stay home and then only this will stop somehow.

2. https://helpmedicalsupplies.com

Re: Coronavirus Covid-19 is at stage 2 in India

Yes, and today I heard India is postponed the date of lockdown till 3rd May 2020 - which is really great decision because till the vaccine come to save people, we the people on earth, from every country should strictly follow the social distancing! stay home, stay safe! support the government helpers, people like police and hospital workers, as well as real GOD's like doctors and nurses! and everyone else like a every single warrior who helping humanity to get recovered from this pandemic situation! stay strong, stay positive! we all will win!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like