back to article Cumulative Update 2 for Microsoft SQL Server 2019 breaks SQL Server Agent

Microsoft has admitted that Cumulative Update 2 for SQL Server 2019 has a problem, and those using SQL Server Agent should either skip it or roll it back. Cumulative Update 2 appeared on 13 February and contains all manner of important fixes for database botherers aimed at boosting performance and improving stability. Alas, …

1. tygrus.au

SNAFU usual Microsoft ..

Break it .. release it .. test it .. verify it .. maybe fix it ..

1. simonlb Silver badge
      FAIL

Re: SNAFU usual Microsoft ..

I'm surprised MS aren't trying to fob people off by saying it's a vendor issue and not their problem to fix, like they did when they broke networking in Windows 10.

2. deadlockvictim

Cloud

I can imagine this as a part of the push to get everyone onto Azure. SQL Server Agent is now only a part of Azure. Try it. You'll like it. And we'd love to have you on a subscription-basis too.

1. werdsmith Silver badge

Re: Cloud

SQL Agent doesn’t exist for Azure SQL databases, instead you have the Azure Scheduler and run books.

You can use SQL agent if you have a SQL instance on an Azure VM, but I would suppose this would suffer from the same CU2 problem.

3. phuzz Silver badge
    Thumb Up

"database botherers"

Thanks elReg, I'll be calling every DBA I meet this from now on :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like