back to article Former SAP CEO McDermott pockets a cool €15 million from final year at the helm of German ERP giant

He may have left SAP in November last year but former CEO Bill McDermott still managed to net €15,176,900 for his work with the firm in 2019, making the American Germany’s highest earner, according to some calculations. According to SAP's annual report filed yesterday (PDF), Bill McD's fixed compensation was a meagre €1.2m, …

1. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

"How many expansive ERP projects would that buy?"

One SAP ERP project, based on the initial budgeted projections, but after the years overruns and resulting custom application development expenses, about half of the final cost.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

Re: "How many expansive ERP projects would that buy?"

You're forgetting that it could buy one project if you just assume that it would be canceled long before implementation as so many ERP projects are.

Never was there a company that needs to be pronounced as a word, not an acronym - Sap.

2. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Over in Seattle...

Dan Price of Gravity Payments is on $70,000, like the rest of his staff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-51332811

"I'm the same age as Mark Zuckerberg and I have dark moments where I think, 'I want to be just as rich as Mark Zuckerberg and I want to compete with him to be on the Forbes list. And I want to be on the cover of Time magazine, making lots of money.' All these greedy things are tempting."

"It's not like it's easy to just turn down. But my life is so much better."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like