back to article Facebook loses control of its own Twitter account in hacker attack – and more news

It's time yet again to recap the latest security happenings. FACEBOOK HACKED (on Twitter) An otherwise slow Friday afternoon has been spiced up by a hacker crew that managed to temporarily take control of Facebook's official Twitter account. OurMine did not say how it got into the Social Network's Twitter account, but it did …

1. W.S.Gosset
    Devil

RootGoat is a crime in Australia

"Root" being oz slang for procreative poking.

Hence why orstraylians loved that old ('40s?) children's encyclopaedia entry for the wombat: "eats roots and leaves". And yes, Lynne HerniaHammock tried to nick the joke, badly.

1. KarMann Silver badge
      Headmaster

Re: RootGoat is a crime in Australia

If you (being a presumable human) are poking the goat, it's not procreative.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

While RootGoat maybe a crime in Australia, the alternative RootSheep appears to be a popular past time.

Its a strange place down under...

3. BillG
      Facepalm

Health Share of Oregon confirmed it lost 654,362 patient records

...health care provider Health Share of Oregon confirmed it lost 654,362 patient records when one of its 'ride to care' providers left a laptop in a vehicle that was broken into. Exposed details included name, address, phone number, date of birth, Social Security number, and Medicaid ID number. So just about everything needed for identity theft.

Any punishment? Anyone going to jail? ANY incentive at all to see that this doesn't happen again? Anything?

4. The Nazz

Maybe you get lucky with a kindly Judge?

re Kevin Bloody Wilson : She's a Good'un

2. lglethal Silver badge
    Trollface

could we actually get Twitter to trend a silly infosec goat meme? We’ve all been working terribly hard and some even mentioned making bots to aid in the efforts."

So just like all the political messages right?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

FBPE was a troll farm. You can tell because it shut down the day that that People's Vote campaign group imploded.

3. Aladdin Sane

I thought it was a cricket reference.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Me too. I was thinking Joe Root, Greatest of All Time? that's overselling it a bit.

1. Paul Johnston
        Joke

Rooooot

Yes good, but not as good as Sir Geoffrey

4. Andytug

"Remember to visit trusted news sites"

That's if you can find any.....

5. teknopaul

Love the hackers 1 pic. Hackers 2 did pardon the producers.

6. macjules

IRS launches identity theft portal

Allow me to FTFY:

"IRS launches theft portal"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like