back to article What pockets $129m profit a day, starts with M, and rhymes with 'wow, so soft'? Hint: Its cloud is going gangbusters

Microsoft on Wednesday made noise about inclusivity, trust, and sustainability, while also gleefully noting that it had banked about $1.5bn more than expected in its second quarter of its fiscal 2020 year. In a statement accompanying the quarterly earnings release, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella used the words "innovating," " …

1. the Jim bloke
    Big Brother

is it "More" persons watching you use your computer?

The post is required, and must contain letters.

2. swampdog

<emoticon for "reasons!">

Microsoft made mouth words and the drones put on their listening faces.

3. 89724102172714182892114I7551670349743096734346773478647892349863592355648544996312855148587659264921

Microsoft going hard on cloud while the abomination they call an "Operating System" causes misery everywhere else! Windows 7 in a network isolated VM on Linux is my final Microsoft OS. Fsck 'em.

1. Mike 137 Silver badge

Microsoft going hard on cloud

because it's a continuous revenue stream backed by menaces. Who wants to lose all their data?

2. Throatwarbler Mangrove Silver badge
      Terminator

Man, after reading all the complaining about how terrible Windows 10 is and comparing it to my own experience, I can only come to the conclusion that Linux fanboys are a bunch of technological weenies.

4. Robert Grant

...starts with M, and rhymes with 'wow, so soft'?

Mowcrosoft?

5. Forclaz20
    Coffee/keyboard

pfft

Cloud - just another way of saying "we suck more of your personal and private information than anyone else" and we get away with it by calling it a cloud.

BlackBird for Win10 for the Win... But having used it exclusively to disable nearly all off the "Features" in Windows 10, my PC now no longer works as described!

Face it - Microsoft, your features "suck" and while you jump on the Google "buzz" wagon your Operating System "sucks" equally as badly. You've got people saying no to "EFS" when every open source system uses it, but of course because they're worried Microsoft's will just encrypt there files with Ransomware and they'll never get the Data back... DRM is what destroyed Microsoft and Apple as a privacy focused OS, the whole concept of Digitally Managing another persons digital access rights, is where all these people just come unstuck!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like