back to article The National Museum of Computing goes Marie Kondo at Christmas: Luckily all the Lego sparks joy

The National Museum of Computing got a helping hand from some Lego-curating volunteers last week to get ready for post-Christmas activities. angry lego minifig man turns on anxious lego minifig man How do we stop filling the oceans with Lego? By being a BaaS-tard, toy maker suggests READ MORE The volunteers came from the …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Thumb Up

"the Lego was now shipshape and ready for Winter Bytes family events"

So, they'll be back to sort out the Lego again in January I take ? There are worse jobs :)

BTW : brilliant caption on the top pic !

1. GlenP Silver badge
      Happy

Re: "the Lego was now shipshape and ready for Winter Bytes family events"

BTW : brilliant caption on the top pic !

Except for using the Americanism, "a Lego".

1. sbt
        Thumb Up

You get a lego, and you get a lego and you get a lego!

Now corrected. But El Reg seem to be excelling themselves this week with the article pics. I particularly enjoyed the Canadian one.

2. A K Stiles
      Thumb Up

Re: "the Lego was now shipshape and ready for Winter Bytes family events"

Hmm - wonder if I can convince work that this is a good local community volunteering opportunity?

"We need to go and help NMOC sort out their STEM engagement equipment in the post-christmas lull". Don't have an age-appropriate fledgling so they're not going to let me play with sort their lego at normal times.

2. Lazlo Woodbine

Lego sorting machine

Couldn't Daniel West chip in with his AI Lego sorting machine?

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/12/06/lego_sorting_machine/

1. d3vy

Re: Lego sorting machine

Had the same thought but 1 piece every 2 seconds might be the issue there...

I suspect a bunch of volunteers can do the job faster and with fewer errors for the time being.

3. Mark 85

Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers (APDO)

Who would have thought that such an organization actually exists? Is there one for phone sanitizers?

1. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

Re: Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers (APDO)

None of its practitioners are able to prove they are members because they've decluttered their membership certificates.

4. hatti

Ice Cream tub

I didn't realise Lego curator was an actual job, I thought it was just like playing with Lego but not actually sticking the bricks together, it's amazing what you learn on el Reg. I hope they used upcycled ice cream tubs for the sorting as per regulation Lego play.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon