back to article Samsung taking its sweet time delivering Galaxy watches from phone bundle bungle

Samsung is getting flak from punters waiting an age for delivery of bundle deals offered on Galaxy phones back in September. The offers of free watches with phone purchases were meant to be sent out within 45 days. Buyers had to register online to get their claim validated and start the clock ticking. But according to an …

1. djstardust

Still not as bad

As the Vodafone broadband tech gift promotion. That was beyond awful.

2. johnfbw

Free flights to America with Hoover

I think some people are still waiting on their trip to the States! (Due to popularity)

3. Caltharian

samsung sent out an email this afternoon, for those interested in the text here it is

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent participation within the Samsung S10 Watch Active promotion.

Due to the popularity of this promotion, some customers will experience a slight delay in receiving their Samsung Watch Active.

Please rest assured that we are working as fast as we can to send out your reward, however we would like to sincerely apologise if your delivery does arrive later than planned. Whilst we hope to avoid any delay with your shipment, we are aiming for your Watch Active to be shipped out to you within the next 10 working days at the very latest.

Once your Watch Active has been dispatched, you will receive a notification via email which will contain the courier tracking details and provide you access to the latest updates on your shipment. Alternatively you can check for any updates on your claim by visiting the 'Track My Claim' page on the claim website.

We hope in the meantime you are enjoying your new Galaxy phone.

Kind regards,

Samsung Promotional Support

This is an automated email from a no-reply address. Please do not respond

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"some customers"

From a single customer to 99.9% of customers is "some customers", so kudos on the precision there.

Truth is, if you're getting that mail, you're likely part of those "some" customers.

1. Caltharian

Re: "some customers"

To be fair i registered in october a few weeks after getting my phone so i fully expected it to take quite a while.

I just shared the email as i thought that it would add to the article

1. Captain Scarlet

So are you going to use it or what I would do (Flog it on eBay)

1. Caltharian

i will keep it and use it for about a week and then it will probably live at the bottom of a drawer

I have already checked the resale market and there is quite the glut of them in the colour given out so they are selling for around half of that which the other colours go for

1. Caltharian

*UPDATE*

Today 28th November i got the email from the courier that the watch will be delivered sometime on the 29th of November.

Will just have to wait and see if it turns up

2. Bogbody

Ah ... that explains why John Lewis have no stock available and why there are few sellers on Amazon with NEW(!) UK versions of the Active 2 .... JL would not put one on order for me yesterday ... not like them to turn down cash :-)

4. southen bastard

Im waiting for the inplantables comming out next year, all you people with that sillly thing round your wrist will be so jellious of the blue light in my neck

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like