back to article Masters of Puppet say: There's no magical one-size-fits-all answer to doing DevOpsery

Despite standing squarely in the path of the GitLab juggernaut, DevOps automation outfit Puppet is betting that a one-size-fits-all approach will end up fitting nobody particularly well. While the company extolled the benefits of picking the best tool for each job in the DevOps chain to the 400 attendees at the company's …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Props for the accompanying image. That is all :o)

1. sum_of_squares

But how can they get away with it without getting sued by Gnutellica (or what was their name again)?

2. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Cannot stop the Battery...

What are our thoughts on Master of Puppets then? Best thrash/speed (or whatever) album ever?

It certainly is in my view.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Cannot stop the Battery...

Best of all time is difficult - I would put it in my top 3 with Slayers Reign in Blood and Megadeth's Rust in Peace , but Megadeth has a little more raw energy and finesse across the whole album in my opinion.

However, that may just be because I started with Anthrax/Megadeth and only found Slayer and Metallica later on.

2. Excellentsword (Written by Reg staff)

It's a masterpiece. Shame about everything post-Justice.

3. Locky
      Gimp

Ride the Lightning for me

4. Neal L

Re: It is a classic

It's a classic, of that there is no doubt. Best thrash album though. for me it's Anthrax's 'Fistful of Metal'. It was the first thrash album I had though.

5. 1752
      Mushroom

Came straight to the comments to see if anybody commented on the image, the only comments are about the image!

Rust in peace best thrash album for me (but again that was the first one I listened too)

1. Zolko Silver badge

I accuse ElReg of clickbait. I didn't even read the article.

3. John 104

The Takeway

No one gives a rip about DevOps, but the Master of Puppets album art is a win.

Oh, and don't let Metallica see that you've used the art work! Register BAD! Metallica GOOD!

1. Excellentsword (Written by Reg staff)

Re: The Takeway

Metallica haven't been good for 30 years.

4. steviebuk Silver badge

That password

Back in the 90s, as I've mentioned before, I wrote a keylogger program that used in college just to see if it would actually work. It did (I honestly never exploited it) and grabbed a few user names and passwords. The only one I remember to this day was, as it was the only one I used and logged in with and was amazed my program actually worked (I wasn't a good programmer).

masterofpuppets

:)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But not the best tool for email

So Puppet know what they're doing? Well not so when it comes to emailing stuff.An email titled "Thank you for joining us in Portland" appears to have been sent to everyone, even those like me who never attended the event. Now, where's that unsubscribe link gone puppet master?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Of course there's only one way..."

"... to do DevOps: *Our way*"

"Which will almost certainly different than the way anybody else is doing DevOps. It doesn't matter what your current employer calls `DevOps'---the tools you're using there aren't the same as what we're using here. So we don't consider what you're doing in your current job to actually be DevOps. At least it's not close enough that we'll allow you to work here. (Damn! It's hard to find qualified IT people these days.)"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like