back to article Visual Studio Code gets more touch-feely, new Windows Server builds arrive for brave admins

In a week that left the Windows Insider team facing a leadership vacuum after its Ninjacat-in-chief jumped ship, Microsoft's army of gnomes continued to toil ahead of the company's impending Ignite shindig. Carry on coding with Visual Studio Code 1.39 Dev darling Visual Studio Code released hit version 1.39.1 last week ( …

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
    Meh

what, no "feature creep"?

sounds to me like they might have a hint of a clue this time around.

I'm still waiting for the 2D FLATTY-ness to go away... (or at least an option for 3D Skeuomorphic)

But a slow clap, at the very least, for apparently NOT cramming ":features" into our collective body orifices.

1. Wayland

Re: what, no "feature creep"?

2D FLATTY-ness? That's so Windows 2000 server.

2. Timmy B

Re: what, no "feature creep"?

"I'm still waiting for the 2D FLATTY-ness to go away... (or at least an option for 3D Skeuomorphic)"

Isn't going to happen until apple do it. They are going flatter and everyone is following. Even Linux is progressing down the route. Just install windowblinds 10 if you need to.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Still waiting for the 2D FLATTY-ness to go away

Your screen isn't 3D, it's 2D. Why on earth would you want not-2D in your editor?

I'm sometimes forced to use JetBrains IDEs (PyCharm, Goland, RubyMine) and cannot wait to get back to VS Code - it's UI renders crisper, cleaner, and clearer. Long live flatland.

2. Ian Joyner Bronze badge

The Register is wrong (and childish) again.

"We're a little surprised not to see either the inexplicable Apple mark-up, nor the stupidly expensive Xbox Elite Controller, which, at $179.99, would have been more the fruity firm's style."

The Register's surprise is due to the Register's misconceptions and continual spreading of garbage about Apple. Waiting for your next fondling and loving article about 'Sammy'.

1. jayViant

Re: The Register is wrong (and childish) again.

"The Register's surprise is due to the Register's misconceptions and continual spreading of garbage about Apple"

I think they meant this in-jest on this occasion.

I'm far from an Apple Hater >> Personally I just feel that since Steve (R.I.P) passed they've lacked the innovative vision he brought, I love their hardware quality.

But then again everybody is complaining about Apple right now, bug's galore in their latest software releases. That's just a accurate factual comment, Apple have taken notice and will surely ensure that Quality Control Improves.

3. MatsSvensson

Counterpoint:

Fuck that shit.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Puppet's Deepak Giridharagopal told The Register at last week's Puppetize PDX event: "How times have changed, from laughing at Microsoft's development tools and things like that to now… I use Visual Studio Code all the time to write stuff."

MS Development tools have been somewhat better than the competition for quite some time. Eclipse? Nope. PyCharm? Nope.

Bloated or not, I'd still use Visual Studio for the .Net languages as operationally it shits on the IDEs from other languages/platforms.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like