back to article And the teeny-tiny bottle of AI whisky goes to...

The Vultures asked, and the always creative Register readership answered. Now we have a name for Microsoft and Mackmyra's new AI-designed whisky blend. Last week we paid a visit to Mackmyra's Swedish whisky distillery and their fragrant storage facility for casks deep underground, and learned how the gang had used some Python …

1. NorthernCoder
    Coat

HALcohol

In this context, HAL should be read as Hardship Abstraction Liquid, right?

2. NorthernCoder
    Coat

HALcohol, continued

...capable of hacking our livers.

3. ibmalone
    Pint

Worthy winner. I'd been tempted to suggest "Turing Taste", but the very strong "Glen Turing" had already taken that reference.

1. TRT Silver badge

Simply Enigma. Although Macallan got there first, I think.

4. TRT Silver badge

Just a moment...

The AE-35 unit is going to go 100 percent ABV within 72 hours.

5. Antron Argaiv Silver badge
    Pint

Challenging assignment, wot?

Well done, that reporter!

(once he sobered up)

6. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Coat

Hats off to HALcohol

(the grey Tilley, today)

Brilliant suggestion, and I will raise a glass of one of my favourite whiskies to it this evening (Talisker Port Ruighe most likely).

Regarding the 'innocent typo' that mixed '"whisky" with "whiskey"': isn't that a hanging offence in some parts?

Of course more level-headed whisk(e)y fans know that it is just "brown stuff that tastes good" (in the words of Gordon Muir)

I see it is nearing beer o'clock, so I had better be going

7. Roger Greenwood
    Pint

As I'm sure most of you will know....

... HAL is alphabetically adjacent to IBM. Who says ACC didn't have a sense of humour?

Great choice, mine's a pint.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Kill it with a two ton UPS

If I ever met someone with a penchant to call anything McFace i'd throw him/her/it right back into the pile of damaged minds it came from.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Trollface

Re: Kill it with a two ton UPS

Alright calm down, Angry McAngerFace.

9. Jason Bloomberg Silver badge
    Angel

"No urine involved in the production process"

I'm weighing up going with "So not a real whisky then?" or "That's what they claim!"

Anyway, back to standing in the corner to atone for my previous sin. As it's looking now; I might be back out before brexit's done. Something, somewhere, might all be over by Christmas.

1. TRT Silver badge

Re: "No urine involved in the production process"

You can tell a true Highland whisky by the subtle overtones of heather and deer piss from the water used.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "No urine involved in the production process"

I can't find the video I saw a few years ago involving a naked lady in a whisky barrel where the implication was that perhaps there had been a slight increase in total fluid volume. I did find a not-unrelated video aimed at sad old blokes from gspirits.com

10. Joe W Silver badge

I'm sorry Dave...

"But my name is Richard"

"yeah, but Dave is easier to remember"

(apologies to the BOFH...)

1. The Oncoming Scorn Silver badge
      Pint

Re: I'm sorry Dave...

Trigger: So what’s Dave, a nickname, like?

Rodney: No - you’re the only person who calls me Dave, everybody else calls me Rodney - and the reason they call me Rodney, is because Rodney is my name.

Trigger: Well, I shall have to get used to calling you Rodney from now on.

Rodney: Thank you.

Trigger: How long are you going to be, Baz? Me and Dave haven’t got all day.

11. Conundrum1885

HALcohol

Sounds good.

Also suggested by SO, "PC Load WHISKY"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like