back to article China's cloud market jumps 58%: OK Alibaba, you've lost your Ma but you're still leading

Despite all the talk among Western tech vendors of an economic slowdown in the Middle Kingdon, spending on cloud infrastructure services in China is comfortably outpacing that of the global average. Figures from data wrangler Canalys show the country's outlay on cloud infrastructure jumped 58 per cent to $2.295bn in the second …

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Forever In Your Wildest Dreams ......the Internet of Things Stuff of Nightmares

Amazon won't be too worried. ..... Richard Speed

Surely Amazon will never be telling you that, RS? Well, never if they are not terrified of their shenanigans being copied as a masterplan by competition or opposition because of what is then able to be revealed.

2. Detective Emil
    Devil

"Tencent Cloud, which jumped 88 per cent …"

Yup, I've seen an increasing volume of crack attempts fro Tencent cloud over the past year. I've made a special place in purgatory for them.

1. CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

Re: "Tencent Cloud, which jumped 88 per cent …"

seen an increasing volume of crack attempts fro Tencent

My home firewall blocks incoming traffic that originates from or goes to China or Russia.. I'd love to add the US into that block too but I can't because I visit websites based in the US..

1. teknopaul
        Joke

Re: "Tencent Cloud, which jumped 88 per cent …"

If you have _incoming_ traffic that goes to russia you have bigger problems than your firewall.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like