back to article Pentagon says ethics complaint against JEDI mega-cloud is a non-issue. Its Time Lords say: That is not logical

Despite the US Department of Defense's assurances last week that any and all ethics complaints against the $10bn Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI) cloud contract had been fully resolved, the Pentagon's internal investigators say they are still poring over the matter. In a statement provided to multiple …

1. Kev99 Silver badge

You're mixing metaphors. A picture of an old Vulcan with a program named after Star Wars and using a reference to Dr. Who. (Tom Baker rules!) You subbing out your writing to the Inquirer?

1. Alister

I suggest you go back and look at previous coverage of this story from El Reg, It's a deliberate ploy to catch the obsessive...

1. sbt

Subs are mostly harmless.

Yeah, I often wondered what Internet trolls actually get paid to do. Question answered.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Coat

re: Alister

"I suggest you go back and look at previous coverage of this story from El Reg"

By your command...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

RE: "You subbing out your writing to the Inquirer?"

Careful, you don't want to be too insulting...maybe just stick to regular Australian in future

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: RE: "You subbing out your writing to the Inquirer?"

>Careful, you don't want to be too insulting...maybe just stick to regular Australian in future

Speaking of trolling.... Well done, got me for a moment!

2. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Oracle are complaining about ethics?

The end is nigh

1. Jimmy2Cows Silver badge

Re: Oracle are complaining about ethics?

Well Oracle have always had their own Ethics (TM). It's just they aren't the same ethics us mere mortals are expected to ascribe to.

1. EnviableOne
        Coat

Re: Oracle are complaining about ethics?

nah apparently the blokes at oracle are of the opinion Ethics is a County near London ...

3. A Non e-mouse Silver badge

Seen to be fair

When I worked in the Civil Service, we were always told that we had to be seen to be fair. This often meant bending over backwards to avoid any suggestion of bias.

The DoD & Amazon may have been fair & above board (I'm in no position to comment), they have definitely failed the "Seen to be fair" test.

For us, that often meant going back to square one and starting procurement all over again.

1. K

Re: Seen to be fair

There is your first problem - Big Biz play by different rules to the Civil Service, and its taking advantage of this that makes Public contracts so lucrative to Biz, and they will play dirty to get it.

I see this constantly where my wife works (she is also a Civil Servant), one such project in the UK is create a new medical database, and since they disclosed the monthly-budget to the vendor, the vendor now bills for the maximum amount each month - Never more, never less!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

JEDI mega-cloud and ethics

imho: I wouldn't keep my military secrets in anyone elses Cloud, but then again this is more about highly valued contracts than the technology.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: JEDI mega-cloud and ethics be Bletchley Park Type Spooky Territory*

Hi, Walter Bishop ,

It does sort of have one pondering on the present state of human intelligence in Militarised Forces, and the lack of evidence of the best of intelligence in the Paramilitary Minded.

Is that best and quickest simply servered with future directions and novel instructions to follow/read/believe from SMARTR IntelAIgent Sources with Global Operating Device Devices?

Future Tales Today for Tomorrow to Play ......... AI Media to Realise and IT Create.

Ok. ...... let's try all of that at least. Has anyone anything else to add for aiding and abetting enrichment

* Area 51 Level 42 Terrain .... exploring the Madly Insane Complex with Double Negative Super Positives ...... where Processes can be Injurious to Mental Wellbeing and Physical Health. Of that be acutely aware and hereby comprehensively advised.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like