back to article We asked readers what DXC should be known for... and of course you came up with the goods

El Reg this week asked readers to lean their e-bike against the Japanese maple that overlooks the strategy boutique to help Ed Ho, GM for the Build division at DXC Technology, determine what his employer's brand stands for. Our legions of readers, of course, knew exactly how to give DXC execs the full treatment, saving cash …

1. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

Poll? What poll?

1. Excellentsword (Written by Reg staff)

There now! Go forth.

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Are you making smalltalk?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Not with my lisp

1. Arthur the cat Silver badge

Just sitting here scheming.

1. jake Silver badge

I'm beginning to see the object of this exercise.

2. DJV Silver badge

I C what you did there...

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I went forth and all I got was this program for controlling a radio telescope.

1. The Oncoming Scorn Silver badge
          Alien

I saw a documentary about radio telescopes, apparently there was a very nasty accident at one a few years back, some idiot with walked out onto a walkway that was totally without any safety rails & without fall arrest equipment (The scarf he took with him was woefully inadequate for the purpose) & fell off as the thing was moving.

1. jake Silver badge

As we say around here ...

... stupidity should hurt!

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Whatever they do it' can't be what all those they sacked were doing because they're not there to do it any more. Maybe that's why they're puzzled.

3. Semtex451
    Pint

" asked readers to lean their e-bike against the Japanese maple that overlooks the strategy boutique"

Someone's watched too much Grand Tour

1. Aladdin Sane

Or Drop the Dead Donkey.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

DtDD

Oh the memories. In my formative teenage years did have a thing for Haydn Gwynne in that.

1. The Oncoming Scorn Silver badge
          Coat

Re: DtDD

" asked readers to lean their e-bike against the Japanese maple that overlooks the strategy boutique"

& Haydn Gwnne....

Did that make it a Glans Tour for you?

4. neilo

A pity

A pity that "at DXC, we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied" wasn't an option, because that has a beautiful consistency for DXC's attitude to both customers and employees.

It's also somewhat politer than "I'm Mike Lawrie. Fuck you."

1. macjules

Re: A pity

Almost as good as Vodafone's "We never forget you have a choice, so f**k off then".

1. MyffyW Silver badge

Or Voda's current one "The future is exciting. Ready?" which I thought was my VIC20 reaching from beyond the grave.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

How about: "I'm Mike Lawrie and I really don't give a fuck as I have more money than I know what to do with"?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You'll spend it on food right, not liquor?

The products will be anything that can turn a trick, while the leaders feed their stock value obsession.

The kind of stuff that just woos new customers.

6. disk iops

DiXie-Chicks

When they changed their name that's what I started calling our on-site DXC "consultants". Pissed them off to no end - but they deserved the reference.

Others I whipped out back in the day.

Don't eXpect / eXecute (the) Code / Change - they were supposedly helping us develop CICD/DevOps and whatever they wrote was either utterly wrong/useless and needed a total rewrite.

Damn eXpensive Crap

etc.

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
      Mushroom

Re: DiXie-Chicks

Have an upvote for Damn eXpensive Crap

DXC (or whaever they are called this week) really do need to make more staff cuts. The entire BOD and 'C' level execs for a start. Then 50% of the 'B' level execs who still can't organise a piss up in a brewery unless their secretary does it for them.

The poor grunts on the ground are being shafted by the bosses who should [see icon]

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I have a complaint...

"DXC – mostly better than Capita!"

Really? Surely this is just optimistic Crapita customers thinking that DXC can't possibly be as bad without knowing the truth.

While Crapita will likely screw everything up, the reason DXC didn't screw up task X is because they fired the team. Oh? A screw up that eventually delivers something barely usable is still better than nothing?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I have a complaint...

I assumed the Capita reference was ironic.

8. sawatts

Nothing, Nothing at all.

...would be about right.

9. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

I like DiXie Chicks.

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
      Linux

fried or roasted?

1. disk iops

definitely NOT naked. Also preferably un-miked / unplugged

(hint: american girl band)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

They play both types of music, Country and Western!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Did someone at The Register used to work at DXC, I think perhap so

With the amount of articles about DXC and the negative slant, I think someone at El Reg used to work for DXC and did not leave on happy terms.

Is that the case?

1. neilo

Re: Did someone at The Register used to work at DXC, I think perhap so

"With the amount of articles about DXC and the negative slant, I think someone at El Reg used to work for DXC and did not leave on happy terms."

I'm confused. You have something positive to say about that festering shithole of a company? I would love to hear it!

Disclaimer: I use to work for D☠️C!

1. tfewster
        Facepalm

I worked for Collection of Small Companies for a while. I didn't think they could get any slacker, but it seems they've Definitely eXceeded Complacency.

2. Roj Blake Silver badge

Since when was The Register positive about anyone?

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

They were happy to leave.

4. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: "Is that the case?"

No. Paul, who writes our DXC stories, has never worked for DXC.

C.

5. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Do you also think all the people posting negative comments about DXC in response to those articles are former DXC employees?

You'd be wrong about that, too.

11. John Savard

Chess Computers?

I thought they should be known for chess computers, but that was CXG.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Delivery: "The string is not long enough, please provide more"

Middle Management: "Use string in a more effective manner, I will report to executives that we are making the string stretch"

Executive: "Cut the string in half, use virtual string, then tell customer we use chains but only charge them for rope"

13. KittenHuffer Silver badge

I see there are currently 213 other Ca ...... employees of a certain company who have voted!!!

14. Lotaresco

They want a new slogan?

That's change, that will be £150,000 please.

15. wobblyjelly

I walked past a news feed in the office today subtitles read "Digital seX Crime" bill review. Maybe not then

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like