back to article Microsoft wants to get under your skin

Microsoft's HealthVault, the medical records database, is to be integrated with VeriMed's human-embedded RFID tags, allowing doctors to access the medical records of unconscious patients with a quick scan of the arm. VeriMed consists of an RFID tag that is embedded in the arm of a hopefully willing participant, and responds …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They already do

They already get under my skin. Fecking useless company.

2. Lionel Baden

in your ....

So you'll be fine and get operated on unless you lose your arm in a car crash.

Wouldnt it make more sense to put it on the torso ?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just a number?

Lame. Call me when I can have a chip that will automatically link with my phone to call for assitance if my biorythms fall out of line.

4. D@v3
    Gates Horns

Mark of the beast

that is all

5. Luther Blissett

By Roger Williams Posted Wednesday 3rd December 2008 19:44 GMT

> "Microsoft opens arms"

> Yep, Microsoft's philosophy has always been to open their arms wide -- at least since (MS VP) Paul Maritz used the phrase "Embrace, extend, and extinguish" in a 1995 meeting with Intel to describe Microsoft's strategy toward Netscape, Java, and the Internet. Nothing new here...

6. PJ Quinn

No way

It will be a cold day in hell before I let anyone put a chip in me. Especially if microsoft has anything to do with it.

7. adnim

Trust

M$ are not an altruistic operation, profit, market domination and control have always been their goals. I am curious as to how this HealthVault system will be monetised and which third parties... pharmaceutical companies, insurers and the such like, the content of this database will be sold to.

I suspect there are people out there who trust Microsoft. I am serious when I say that I haven't met one yet.

The idea isn't that bad, providing the custodians of your health data can be trusted. However in this day and age when ones own government cannot be trusted, it beggars belief that a commercial enterprise well known for putting their own interests above all else should be trusted or even permitted to hold such data.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Just tape your open wallet to your chest.

Who has given these companies the idea that the masses are INTERESTED in being chipped like dogs & cats anyway?

9. Martyn
    Coat

No way

there is no way on earth im having a microsoft product inside me. there bad enough outside.

do you reckon it will have that paperclip thing from office?

" you look like your having a heart attack, would you like help?"

Ok, i'll get my coat

10. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

no, you don't understand how this works

They simply insert it up your arse as you get the next release of windoze.

Paris, 'cuz she knows all about insertions.

11. Whitefort
    Thumb Down

BSOD

Gives a whole new meaning to 'Blue Screen of Death.'

12. Ascylto

Microsoft and 'health'!

Well, we know you have been refused insurance because your profile was wrongly interpreted. But don't worry, SP2 is due out in about a year.

What do you mean, you've got a virus?

Hmm... you're looking a bit blue(screen of Death).

Oh ... I could go on ...

13. Andrew Abdul-Malek
    Thumb Down

simple

EVIL EVIL BAD BAD - NO NO NO

are the majority really so blind as to allow such activities?

we had major health benefits THROUGH OTHER MEANS a long time ago

14. Nameless Faceless Computer User
    Stop

yea right

The big reason for tagging patients in the U.S. and creating a central health history database is to alert the insurance companies to find a way to deny patient coverage. Why spend time giving care to a deadbeat who can't pay his hospital bill?

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mr

If you look after yourself, take your vitamins and herbs, exercise, get up to date on the science ie The Cure and Prevention of All Cancers, 2007, HR Clark PhD ND, then you dont need to visit the Doc, let alone get chipped. You will need to ignore the pseudo scientific nonsense from mainstream and the Docs talking about cholesterol, calories, food pyramids, healthy soy, canola and olive oil, safe microwave and teflon cooking, safe MSG and aspartame and all other such like nonsense, designed to keep you sick.You may still need to visit for insurance/pilot medicals etc., and if you get knocked down by a bus. At 71, that has been my story for the last 35 years.

16. Fox Mulder
    Alien

When pigs fly

There is no way in hell or earth that these elite pigs are chipping me.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like