back to article Rubber glove time! Microsoft flings open gates to its very own Azure FHIR health data fest

Feeling a bit poorly? Good news! Microsoft has added SQL to its FHIR Server for Azure, so your symptoms can now be flung even further. The Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) framework is aimed at getting healthcare professionals – who have had a great deal of difficulty shedding their love of paper – to exchange …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Challenge..

Getting buy-in from the usually highly conservative healthcare and clinical research industry will, however, continue to present a challenge.

Also because of, you know, privacy. Both Google and Microsoft are (a) not known for their respect for it (nor for the applicable laws) and (b) waaaaaaay too keen to get their hands on it to invoke any feel good factor by patients.

I'm not a fan of the rubber glove treatment to start with, so I'm certainly not going to invite that again from those two.

Thanks, but no thanks.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And unlike kit designed for the purpose

“Unlike certain other more document-centric standards” is a bit of smoke and mirrors. Clever. What has a document model got to do with it? We have IHE XDS standards to support that.

How about the major issue the M$ adding a persistence model to a technology that was not designed for such is shifting the goal posts significantly. Now there is a proprietary model (in SQL) underpinning the previously open messaging architecture. FHIR does not need a persistence layer to support its core aim of technical interoperability / integration. Leave the persistence to more adaptable tech like openEHR which can make allowances for the incomplete nature of the FHIR model. Try maintaining semantic coherence with endless extensions, no governance on profiles and no reference model. No really, do try.

Good luck...

3. I.Geller Bronze badge

The US PTO as a dream

It is understandable: AI database is very difficult to be made.

I was ready to prepare it in six months, maximum 7-8, for patent search. There is already a ready to go and perfectly structured database - the US PTO. I was ready 10 years ago.

SQL is still the only database that can be sold today, AI they didn't allow me to make...

1. I.Geller Bronze badge

Re: The US PTO as a dream

I was unable to get funding from private sources and businesses for my AI database, and the government was and is still controlled by thieves from Google - Eric Schmidt, Sergey Brin and Larry Page. They're a part of the CIA oligarchy, I couldn't fight the CIA at the time. So I decided to leak the technology on Internet, so 8.705 companies help me. It works - AI database will appear soon and SQL will end.

There are 8,705 startups and companies listed in Crunchbase today who are relying on machine learning for their main and ancillary applications, products, and services.

1. I.Geller Bronze badge

Re: The US PTO as a dream

The thieves - Eric Schmidt, Sergey Brin and Larry Page - just used the CIA reflex to protect the Government and itself, for their personal enrichment. The CIA is a Government agency that needs a tool to control the Internet, this is what the CIA exists for - and it was used by the thieving trio. As a result, America under the threat of losing its priority in cyberspace - all databases, all the code created in the last 75 years suddenly turned out to be a pile of junk and America has nothing more.

Microsoft updates its SQL instead of selling AI database.

Goodbye America? For Eric Schmidt, Sergey Brin and Larry Page to bathe in the stolen luxury?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like