back to article It's been a lean month for Microsoft's Visual Studio Code, but look! Remote Development

Microsoft kept up the cadence of its Visual Studio Code emissions with a shrivelled April update due to the altogether more exciting arrival of Remote Development. A lean April with good cause Disappointment that there weren't more toys in Microsoft's open-source code editor after March's bumper release was tempered by other …

1. DCFusor

Nah, real programmers....oblig xkcd..sorry, couldn't help myself

use butterflies

1. Michael Hoffmann Silver badge

Re: Nah, real programmers....oblig xkcd..sorry, couldn't help myself

Dammit, xkcd!

2. bombastic bob Silver badge
    Unhappy

And also never leave the warm embrace of VS Code.

do my fingers STILL have to leave 'home row' on the keyboard to mousie-clickie a bunch of CRAP way too often? or has THAT encumberance FINALLY been fixed properly to the way it was in DevStudio '98 where there were HOT KEYS for just about EVERYTHING because properties were REAL DIALOG BOXES with accelerators!!! Oh yeah, I did that, it worked, it was fast and efficient, and 2 years later MICRO-SHAFT WENT THE WAY OF THE VB INTERFACE, excreated C-pound and ".Not", and it's been INFERIOR ever since...

VS Code written in NODE JS is like the WORST thing they could have done...

Warm Embrace = squicky kisses and the coils of a constrictor snake. I think I'll vomit, now.

1. iGNgnorr
      Go

Re: And also never leave the warm embrace of VS Code.

Have an upvote for, well, not quite sure really, but it's early in the morning, and I was quite enchanted by this overdone rant. I reserve the right to change my mind once I've woken up.

2. dajames
      Headmaster

... excreated C-pound ...

"excreated" ... they created an excrescence ... Yeah, I see what you're saying here ... great nonce-word.

3. Chris Parsons

Do calm down. It is possible not to use it, though it's not a bad editor.

4. sabroni Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Re: VS Code written in NODE JS

Yeah, that's what's happened!

What a lovely suprise! For once you have a thorough grasp of the thing you're shouting about bob!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like