back to article Windows Live Web 2.0 facelift is go

Microsoft climbed on board the wobbly social networking bandwagon yesterday when it began rolling out changes to it Windows Live services worldwide. The company said last month it would give Windows Live a Web 2.0-stylie makeover, essentially in an effort to be down-wid-the-kidz in the Google online world. Or, as the software …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Stuart Harrison

They just can't get it right can they?

Microsoft are like a 50-year-old man, trying desperately to be 'down with the kids', but failing miserably.

2. Spearbox
    Jobs Halo

Meh

Microsoft needs a new design department. Either that or they should think about hiring apple's design team.

Live.com is the epitome of what is wrong with the world.

3. Ad Fundum
    Gates Horns

God I hate Microsoft so very much

Went to my SkyDrive and got the following message in large, tastelessly orange letters:

"That item seems to be missing."

But because I'd read your article I was prepared for teething problems, so I thought I'd actually log in to my Hotmail.co.uk account and try again. This time the unnecessarily orange letters say:

"Your account has been closed down."

And fair enough, I was sort of expecting that too - after all I've been using SkyDrive to host bootlegs and mixtapes that I stuck on my blog. But when I went to my blog all the music files are still there to download, so clearly my account hasn't been taken offline as I was warned!

Feel free to help yourself to my bootlegs, mixtapes etc whilst they're still online, lest Microsoft work out what they're doing:

http://adfundum.wordpress.com/

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It'll all change soon

I thought that kumo was going to be the new live. New look every week, same poor results. I only used it cos they bribed me....didn't win anything....poor results....went back to google

Nice to see that www.kumo.com(96.17.77.193) is registered to Microsoft and running Linux (according to netcraft). Ports 22,80,443 and 500 are open if anyone wants a crack at it.

This topic is closed for new posts.