back to article Do Xpect Custard Creams? DXC buys cosy New Jersey data centre, moves in with Credit Suisse

IT services peddler and data centre operator DXC Technology is buying a 285,000 square foot (26,477m2) data centre in Clifton, New Jersey, previously owned by the US division of investment bank Credit Suisse. The facility will continue serving the bank under a managed colocation agreement with DXC that could last for the next …

1. Paul 33

Hmmmm

So many questions...…

I was under the impression DXC were on a Data Centre closure and consolidation path, not an acquisition path. So, that's interesting.

I was also under the impression that DXC wanted to move into the Digital Transformation space, not the Tin Hosting space. So, that is also interesting.

Ahhh, well, what do I care, I binned that place a couple of years ago, still love reading articles on them on El Reg though :)

P.

1. Erik4872

Re: Hmmmm

For the most part, finance customers aren't digitally transforming their HFT applications and other items that benefit from close proximity to major exchanges' data centers. All that stuff requires bucketloads of compute power and super-low latency...the cloud has too many software-defined abstractions for that.

2. Val Halla

If CSC + HPE = (DXC) - 40000.

Where D=0, what is the value of C?

1. Korev Silver badge
      Joke

The speed of light

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like